Thursday, March 7, 2013

Viva Update

Oh my goodness! Where has the time gone??? I haven't meant to ignore my blog, I promise. I have just been busy, busy, busy!!

All of a sudden there are only 20 days until Viva!! I can't believe how fast this year flew by! I am almost completely ready for it though. I have my tickets, which is good because the event is now sold out.  I also found out just the other day that I have a room at The Orleans. My amazing friend Asia gave me her room since she can not go. I am sad I won't see her, but over the moon to get a room!! The hotel and all those surrounding have been sold out for almost a year! I was a bit worried. Also, my best friend Lil E will be staying with me and Fernando. Very excited about that, as E has been my partner in crime for many years!

Bitches

I have also been fervently planning my Viva wardrobe and getting it ready. Lots of sewing, mending and cleaning. This is going to be the year of Hawaiian's and separates. I really don't have any new dresses to speak of, aside from a couple sarongs, so almost every dress I am taking will be Hawaiian. I haven't had the money lately to make any big personal purchases, and seeing how the cost of vintage is a bit insane right now, I have to just stick with what I have. And what I have are Hawaiians. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose?

A lot of repeats too. At least they are quality repeats.


Aside from the dresses I have a lot of separates. If you've followed my blog then you know that I have a ton of shorts and halter tops. I have some I have never worn and some repeats that I am putting together in new ways. Thats great and all, but they are day items. Shorts are not allowed on the dance floor!!!! Thats a rule I live by! To mix things up a bit with my separates I have added a few cigarette pants in the mix. They are perfect for late night record hops! I only have a few pairs so far, as this is a new obsession of mine. They are quite hard to find and never in my size!!! They have to fit snug or they just look awful on me. I did find an amazing pair of black velvet cigarette pants that I am in love with though. They were inexpensive and fit like a dream! Now if I could only find 10 more pairs exactly like them in other colors I will be set!!

I can never decide if  I am taking too much, or not enough?


Aside from that I have been working a lot and selling on Etsy and Ooh La La to save money for the trip. I won't have a ton of spending money but I am not too concerned about shopping the vendors this year. I want to relax, drink and dance! Fun is the only thing on my agenda. No drama! I will state that again in case someone didn't get it the first time: NO DRAMA!!!!

For those of you that are going to Viva--are you ready????

14 comments:

  1. Crap! Slight wave of panic...I only have my day outfits planned so I better get to work planning the rest with only 3 weeks to go. Can't believe it is already that time of year again. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. No real evening outfits! Hence all the Hawaiian's. I may need to start buying cocktail dresses!

      Delete
  2. I think I'm ready but so scared that I don't have enough! I think I do but whenever I travel I seem to need more than I pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to over pack for Viva because I feel like I run out of outfits too fast. I drive so I am lucky I can do that.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have lots of drama free fun!One year I'd like to go but so far its yet to work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun girl. I will be missing this year. :( I've had a lot of projects and spent a lot of money (Got a new office! No more photoshoots in my dining room!). So I need to be conservative this time around, but I'll see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you are working on some new projects?! Everyone loves those books!! Too bad I can't model for you from San Diego!

      Delete
  5. I am frantically sewing, trying to stick to my plan to make most of my Viva outfits. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited!!! Ihave outfits pulled but havent tried on or double checked. I have to to some altering still and have done a cleaner run already. It really has flown by!!!! SUPER EXCITED

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay that you have a room at The Orleans!!! I am suuuuuuuuuuper duuuuuuuuper excited!!! I have all of my evening outfits planned, but haven't put as much thought into my daytime outfits...I need to get on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not ready just yet. I have around 20 outfits Sorted but not my accessories. I still have to sort what I'm taking to sell and make necessary repairs. I also haven't found a sitter for my 3 dogs! :( 20 days will pass much too fast.

    BTW: I replied to your inquiry on the white top. Was also thinking of starting on etsy account just for items I'm thinking of taking to Vegas. Let me know if you'd still want the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ammmm...sort of ready? Close to ready? I still have some mending & dry cleaning to do, and my shoe situation is not good. Plenty of time to deal with that, though. I'm super excited!!! Can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slightly off subject...

    I was out the other night at the Skylark and of course VLV 16 got brought up. This of course, snowballed into me chatting with Glen. He mentioned he missed dancing with you and asked if you were dancing much in S.D. Anyway, he should be following you on here now or soon. He was super excited to hear you had a blog and video of you two dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Glen so much!!! He and I used to go dancing all the time and I miss it. I hardly dance here and no one is as fun as he was. He should take a trip to SD so we can go dancing. My Shag is probably a bit rusty by now though :-(

      Delete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...