Monday, March 25, 2013

Viva Inspiration

I am exhausted. I really have no other way to describe how I feel other than that. The idea that Viva is in 2 days is completely insane to me! I have not packed. I am not done sewing. I do not feel ready at all. I am usually completely packed by now and I haven't even begun. The only promising thing is that I do have all of my outfits planned. At least I have that going for me.

I know I can't be the only one that is feeling overwhelmed at the moment, right? I want to be excited to be going to Viva but I just feel stressed and annoyed. Its not with any one thing in particular; just everything, I guess. I've been working so hard but I don't feel like I am getting ahead. If anything, I feel behind. And the fact that I am not having fun just plain sucks. I think I need to take a break and clear my head. I want to have a fabulous time at Viva because I really need it. I need a vacation in every sense of the word. I need to re-inspire myself.

So thats what I am going to do. From here on out I am going to get myself excited for Viva. I am going to stop thinking about everything that is stressing me out right now. I am going to stop worrying about money and my job(s). I am going to ignore those people in my life that bother me. I am not going to be depressed that I gained 4lbs. I am not going to worry about how tired/hungover I will be afterwards. I am not going to let negativity overtake me.

Instead, I am going to get inspired and think positively. I am going to listen to Motorbilly radio and R&B stations on Pandora. I am going to go back and read all my old Viva Las Vegas posts and watch videos on Youtube. Instead of stressing over an extra 4lbs I will just remember that at 35 I think I look pretty damned good! I have some awesome clothes that I can't wait to wear, even if some are repeats. And more than anything, I simply can not wait to see all my friends and to dance the night away!!!

For added inspiration I am posting a few of my favorite pictures from VLV's past. I will use these to remind myself of why I go every year.


Waiting for a taxi to the Venetian with TnT.



Lisa is such a bombshell!


My girls.



After Emma and Tyler won the jive contest.


And the year lil e and I won.



Back when they didn't care if you brought in a case of beer, but only if they weren't in the case (wtf!).


Tina.



Me and Fernando.



A rare pic of lil e smiling.


Tara's husband Nathan did a cool bit of Photoshopping to this one.


Vodka shots and chips and salsa.


T-Dawg and Holly Bomba!!


He had no idea I did this until he woke up the next day.



One of my all time favorite pictures.

Looking at all these pictures has helped get me excited. That and the fact that its going to be in the 80s all weekend! Now it is going to be hard to focus on anything else!

This will be my last post until I return from Viva. I will have lots of pictures to share with you guys, I promise!



6 comments:

  1. You are getting me in the mood and today I am sorting my wardrobe, so don't feel bad you haven't packed yet. I am just trying to keep etsy orders together to bring with me.

    I look forward to seeing you! WooHoo!

    PS You do look damn good for 35!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast- looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Make sure you take a lot of photos so I can live vicariously through you this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No stress! Viva is supposed to be about fun and taking it easy. Don't worry, I haven't started packing yet either. There's still a wee bit of time left.
    I'm so happy that you've posted some more pictures because I haven't been to Viva before and I can't get enough of what to expect.

    Deborah
    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh wee I made the cut!!! Can't wait to see you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a fabulous time! Forget about the drag of every day life....its not worth the worry!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...