Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recent Purchaes for Viva

 I have been quite sick lately and have not been in the proper mental state to write a decent blog post. I figured I would just share with you all some recent purchases I have made. All of them were made very deliberately. Meaning, I bought them because they are pieces that I desperately needed in my wardrobe. I also need them for Viva outfits and since I do not have the money to be buying new fancy dresses, these are pieces that will help complete items I already own.

I bought these gold confetti earrings to go with that Elsie Krassas dress I got at the thrift store. I think they will match well. They also match my confetti lucite purse, which I have mended. This will be a Viva outfit for sure! I figured out a way to take in the dress without actually taking it in. Criss cross straps make all the difference in the world!

Etsy
$9

I bid randomly on this lot of jewelry and wound up winning. I like the orange bangles (not bakelite) because I need more of that color. I literally have 1 orange Bakelite bangle, which is simply not enough! The green earrings will hopefully match the Bakelite clamper I got, but I am not sure. They may be too green. 

Ebay
$9.99

I bought this repro black halter because I have a million things I can wear it with!! Its a really important basic that I did not own. I have to adjust the straps, of course. Nothing ever fits me right! Even though it is repro it is very well made and look like the real deal. I really love it.

Ooh La La
$20

Of course I found an even better option the day after I bought it. This vintage black velvet halter top is perfect!! I already have about 10 outfits I can wear it with! Plus, it fits perfectly, for once. The main thing I bought it for is to go with a pair of amazing vintage pink and black shorts I have owned for a few years. I tried them on together and this will be another great Viva outfit. I even have matching black Bakelite bangles and pink lucite spacers!!



Etsy
$28

 I felt a little silly buying 2 black tops, but in actuality they are different enough that I will get a lot of use out of them. That has been my main thing lately. Buying items that I really need and will use a lot. I don't have money to be spending on lots of new elaborate things, so if I can complete a multitude of outfits for under $100 then I feel pretty good. 



15 comments:

  1. All of them excellent choices! I have a black velvet halter like that, but right now it is too small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Criss cross straps make all the difference in the world!"

    I have done the same thing! I'm jealous I need a black halter. You have inspired me to search again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better and thank you for posting. I always love to see what your new purchases are because they inspire my need to update my own drab closet with little affordable goodies. Too bad I can't buy those lovely eyebrows of yours (sigh).

    I can't wait to hear all about this year's Viva. I won't be there, but it's good to know I can live vicariously through bloggers like you and Kim. You must post Viva pics! Cheers, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I don't lose my camera like I did last year I will post tons of pictures!! I promise!

      Delete
  4. All really great buys! It's funny that you say you never find orange Bakelite, I think I find it more that any other color!
    Hey, I know this is random, and you might not see this comment or feel up to replying, but I'm going to be in Albuquerque this weekend and I wondered if there are any places I absolutely shouldn't miss? I'd love any recommendations :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few places in Albuquerque I would recommend. They are all on Central ave. there's Buffalo Exchange, which sometimes has some great hidden treasures. Across the street there is Off Broadway, a true vintage store. Down a few blocks will be Revolver, which is another vintage store. Keep heading down and there's Antiques and Things, my fave antique store. There's another antique store way down Central, near Juan Tabo I think, that has cases and cases of Bakelite. I don't remember the name though! I will double check with my friend.

      Have fun there. I always find treasures there and need to get back there soon.

      Delete
  5. Some great bargain buys! This reminds me, I have a black velvet halter top, just like that one, and the last 2 times I have worn it, the zip has busted in the back....must get it replaced before Viva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Holly! I'll definitely check out all those places...I'll keep an eye out for some orange Bakes for you, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too many black tops! Love those green earrings. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bunch of new additions!

    Those earrings are going to look so fabulous with your Krassas dress.

    Ooh la la always has the best items for sale. I have to stop frequenting it though because it is killing my VLV shopping money I have saved up.

    Can't wait to see what you will be wearing and to also actually meet you. You know which group I'll be with!

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Holly, great finds. I've been looking online to find some high quality vintage pieces for VLV and wondered if you or anyone you knew had any experience with the website Timeless Vixen? I think they have amazing stuff, but I read a few worrying reviews about the service and some of the items not being authentic so was unsure of investing that kind of money. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never bought anything from them but I have heard some negative things about them. I really don't know though. I do think that their items are quite expensive though.

      Delete
  10. Awesome essential scores!

    I'll be vending at Viva---come over and browse our racks. If there's anything that catches your eye, ignore what you see on the tag and ask for the 'blogger' special. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...