Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cancer Sucks

Nick Curran died today. Its very sad. He battled cancer for the past few years and it just kept coming back. The last time I saw him play was in Austin at the Continental Club while his cancer was in remission. He was so skinny but he could still play a mean guitar. He wasn't singing at that show. He was supposed to play Denver a few months later but his cancer had returned. Its sad to hear now that it claimed him.



Cancer sucks. It keeps taking great people too soon. Thats the second musician to die from cancer in the past few moths. Adam Yauch of The Beastie Boys died too. That one really, really sucks. The Beastie Boys were my childhood and my teen years and I never got to see them live, and now I never will.

Fuck you cancer! RIP Nick and Adam.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I am shocked about Nick Curran -- my guy introduced me to him when we first started dating! Not literally introduced me, but rather to his music. He had a great sexy bluesy voice and his guitar skills were awesome too. :( I had no idea he was battling cancer. Man, cancer does suck dammit. Well, RIP Nick...

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chances of surviving the disease vary greatly by the type and location of the cancer and the extent of disease at the start of treatment. While cancer can affect people of all ages, and a few types of cancer are more common in children, the risk of developing cancer generally increases with age. Thanks.
    Regards,
    weightlosspunch.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...