Monday, September 10, 2012

Gotta Love $1 Bins!!

For a while now I have been using a lady head vase to hold my makeup brushes. This has worked fine, except for the fact that she does not hold all my brushes.

I hadn't thought much about it, other than a vague idea that I needed something bigger. 

On sunday Fernando were out shopping for a couch (no luck, just getting ideas) and we went to an antique mall. I stumbled upon these two planters in a dollar bin and thought they were cute. Fernando was the one that recommended I use them for brushes. He's so smart!


They're really unique and the large one fits all my brushes with room to spare. Both of them are chipped, but luckily only on the back. I want to get some sand filler so that the brushes will stand up and stay organized. Also, I now am obsessed with finding a table cloth that will match them!!


16 comments:

  1. Oh those look great! And really smart idea about the sand too. Hopefully you'll find just the right table cloth to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new holders. What a great set in such good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cuuute! And smart! Wish I had room for a makeup table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use rice or coffee beans as filler instead of sand. If the vase tips over it will be easier to clean up.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hot dog tablecloth that's under the lady head vase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are absolutely fab!

    You got one clever man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great Holly! But I had a question. Do the bristles get dusty? Mine always did! Therefore I now keep them in juice glasses inside my makeup drawer. But I do miss seeing them on top of my "vanity." :(

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clean my brushes about every day with alcohol. I spray them and then wipe them off on a wash cloth. Its an easy, quick way to keep them clean and bacteria free.

      Delete
  8. No way! I have the same round vase! Love the matching oval one. Good idea...now I know what to use mine for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just LOVE them!!! Very 50's! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute pair of vases...good rescue from the dollar bin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those vases are very pretty and look great with your brushes.what a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous and ingenious use for those planters/vases!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are gorgeous! Good find, and good job putting them to use.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...