Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Coming Together

I really hate the new blogger interface! It so utterly uninspires me that I dont even want to log on to blogger anymore. I find it really hard to navigate and it just looks so sucky. I will do my best to get over it though, I guess.

Beyond the boring new Blogger I have been busy with work and home and have not found the time to blog properly. I have thought about it repeatedly, I swear. But coming home after a long day at work sitting at a computer, the last thing I wanted to do was get online. I usually want to eat and veg out in front of the TV. I hadn't even set my hair for at least 3 weeks!! I am consciously trying to be less lazy though and get my creative juices flowing again. I even did my hair :-)

I don't have anything really inspiring to share with you guys right now. I just figured I would share a few "recent" purchases. They aren't that recent, some of them, but they are recent to you! The cool thing is that they all go together. It was entirely unplanned too, which is even better.

First, I got this super cute abstract fish skirt:

Isn't the little net fish pocket so adorable?! Its vintage, of course, and I got it for $15 off Ebay.

I bought this next item to put in my Etsy shop. Then I realized that it is the perfect match for my new fish skirt so now I have to keep it:

60s raffia hand bag. I think it was $1. I have a black one and a pink one too.

Next is a pair of cigarette pants I got off of Ooh La La:

Polka dots are always cute. These fit perfectly too. I love the slim cut. $20.

Whats really cool is that all of the above match a top I bought a few months back off of Etsy:


I bought it because it is super cute. Then I realized I didn't have much that it matched. Now I have a skirt, pants and a bag that match it and I wasn't even planning on it!!

Now I guess that means I need to go shoe shopping...

12 comments:

  1. I hate it too!!!! When I realized it was permanent, I thought about suspending it on blogger and shifting it over to another site, I was THAT upset at it. It is not user friendly and, you're right, it's uninspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just plain sucks! I'm sure they know too, but aren't willing to leave well enough alone. I really hope they make some changes to it.

      Delete
  2. I hate the new Blogger interface too! I thought it was just me!!! I tried to post a new blog entry the other day and at one point I had to stop writing (dinner) and when I went back to edit my entry, the post got all messed up!! The new interface would not let me add pics or add more text! I have to find my notes and re-write the whole thing!

    Anyway, I love those finds!! That fish skirt is beyond cute and those pants are fab!!! I also adore that top! Aqua is one of favorite colors too! Since cooler temps are coming, I have been hunting for wool pencil skirts and beaded cardigans. I also lost 13 pounds so I need clothes that fit! I also need to take a bunch of things to the tailor to have taken in!

    Again, I love all of your new items!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the weight loss!! That means you really need to go shopping now!

      I had tried the new blogger before and switched back, so I knew what to expect. I hate it. It looks like the intranet programs I work on at work. Not creative at all!! My only problem I had in editing this post is that spell check didn't work. I'm sure I will run into more issues over time though. Ugh!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think so too. I wasn't even aware of the fish shaped pocket when I bid on it. Talk about a nice surprise!

      Delete
  4. Being that I just started blogging a couple months ago, the blogger interface is the only one I've used, didn't even know that it had changed. I have heard a lot of people complain about it though so I guess I missed out on using the good one or maybe I'm lucky that I don't know what I'm missing. lol

    I love all of your finds and how awesome that they all coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE the fish skirt! The pocket detail is just the icing on the cake :) and the carpis and top are great too...I am so unlucky when it comes to bargains on ebay and etsy.
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find them often. I have to be really diligent anymore to find anything for a good deal.

      Delete
  6. The fish skirt is just amazing, I love the print and the pocket, it is so cute, and will look fantastic with the top and the purse. You have to post a picture of you wearing it.
    Oh, and thank you so much for the tip about OhLaLa, I bougth a gorgeous brown Shaheen sarong pretty cheap of there, and it is amazing!
    Anne-Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! You can find some great things on there sometimes. You gotta be quick though! I've missed out on some amazing things too.

      Delete
  7. I'm going through the same thing.the new set up for blogger sucks.And I hate when I want to add a new photo it says I have reached capacity.what?lol.Also working all the time when I get home I just want my hot tea and english soaps and go to bed.Love the skirt.very cute.what lovely finds.x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...