Thursday, August 30, 2012

MINE!!

If you have been following my blog for any time now, then you know that I have been saving to buy a car. Well I am very happy to announce that it has happened!! I have bought myself a car!!!


Its a vintage 2009 Chevy Cobalt (I'm just kidding, of course) and it is exactly what I wanted. Cherry red, my favorite color, with 2 doors, compact, sporty, low miles, and great gas mileage.


The interior is black and charcoal. Perfect!


It has tinted windows, free Sirius and On Star for 3 months, and Blue Tooth. The Blue Tooth is the coolest thing! I can make calls, receive calls, and talk completely hands free. It shows the phone number on the radio!! I love it!

When I told Fernando what we were going to look at he was hesitant. 2 doors and red?? He thought I needed something bigger and not red. However, when we got there and I showed it to him he said that it was perfect for me and just looks like a "Holly" car. I even showed him some other options I would consider and he said he preferred this one. He is also quite jealous of the Blue Tooth and Sirius radio.

I have to admit that I am very proud of myself. I bought this car 100% on my own. I worked 2 jobs and saved the money for the down payment within 3 months. My credit is not perfect, but I was approved all by myself. I will be making payments on it for quite sometime, but it is worth it. I have not had a car in about 4 years and I was tired of not being independent, because I am a very independent person. I have worked hard for what I have and I refuse to take it for granted. I know that some people do not appreciate the wonderful things that they have in their life. Whether it be friends, a house, a business, a husband/boyfriend, pets, or even the enormous generosity of family. These are things that should not be thrown out with the trash. When you have to work for something, earn it, then you appreciate it that much more.



19 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Good job on the cute car and also doing it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats. Does she have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's exciting! It's definitely very you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I bought my new car last year! (Black Honda Fit). It feels good doesn't it? This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so happy you met your goal. I think it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's adorable! Have fun with it and drive carefully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Hi, just found your blog and love it!) I have a Cobalt too, and it's been the best car ever! Actually, I'm on my second; my first one was totaled while parked at a friend's house, and I bought another one immediately. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I hope this car gives you the independance you need to improve your career and follow your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Respect! I really admire that you saved up for a car so fast!!!! I know all about saving up for things (my trips to the US). It is so hard at first, but in the end when you get it, it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I totally agree about what you said about appreciating things. Congratulations on your car!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, congrats!! That must feel so awesome. Enjoy your zippy cute red car!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! I too own a cobalt (but its a 2005) and love it! Now you can really get back to shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats, enjoy your new freedom mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats sis - it is totally a Holly car!!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I forgot - have you seen the new JC Penny Sephora catalog? It has a girl with black hair on the cover, the inside picture of her looks exactly like you! James is the one that saw it - if you haven't seen it let me know I will mail it to you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it. You should send it to me. I'll look and see if I can find it online.

      Delete
  16. Congrats! I just scrapped my car and moved across the country and will be right there with saving for one. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I felt the same way when I bought my new car, which is a few years old now. I was estatic and could barely contain my enjoyment. the first night I took a drive with the roof open with my dog through Harbison Canyon. haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...