Wednesday, July 25, 2012

US Rockabilly Rave 2008

Why am I posting about a weekender from like 4 years ago???? Because it was so much fun and every time I look at the pictures I smile! Plus, this event was before my blog was born and I like having a place for all my little memories and stuff. I am going to post from past Viva's too. Besides, its my blog. Why not?

This was the first of only two Rockabilly Rave's held here in the US. There have been like 5000 of them held in the UK. It was also the first time a weekender was held at the Orleans in Vegas. I remember being completely overwhelmed by the size of the hotel, always getting lost on the way from my room to the ballroom. It didn't help that this event was about a million times smaller than Viva. The normal people outnumbered us for once!

Me and e decided to go together. None of our 'burque or Denver friends were going, so it was set to be a San Francisco crew weekend. His friend Patrick from Seattle roomed with us as well. I had never met him before and did not know what I was in for. I figured it out pretty fast when he walked in with a loaf of Jalepeno cheese bread. Oh, its going to be one of THOSE weekends, is it???


Yes it is.


Day one. The Neon Graveyard.

Sin. Oh yes. There would be plenty this weekend!


Does this sign make me look crazy???


Yes and yes.

After that I vaguely remember Dell Taco. 

Night one:

I think. I am not 100% sure. I remember crying a lot (its not important why) and calling Dougie and Cara at like 4 in the morning for a pep talk. He made me feel better. So did Patrick, who blurted out "Holly...I'm gay. I don't know how to make you feel better!" to which I responded "ummmm....yeah..." and burst out laughing (like it wasn't obvious!). We still giggle about that one.

Night one, outfit two.


I think. I am purely going off of my hair. I love all of the random bitchy looks from e. Also, nice chest hair.


Apparently e changed outfits too.


Rockabilly Rave, get it???

Day two.


I really wish I had a picture of Patricks Captain and Tenile outfit. It has white shorts which I fully recall being rather see through, even when dry. 

Night two.


This is Mark and Pengweezy.


Blue steel.


Toga's, orbs and stuffed penguins. Nuff said.


Hairy Canadian guy: "I really like your friend Holly."
e: "Really? Cuz she's kind of a bitch."
Walks away.


This is why I love Patrick.

Night three.


Prom pictures. The boys wore matching Fez shirts. There was a third medium sized guy there with the same shirt too. Funny story--I was watching Roseanne one night and noticed Jackie wearing the same shirt! I sent a   picture of it to e. His response--"WTH are you watching Roseanne at 2 in the morning???"
 Bitch. 


Mexican food and giant margaritas. It was only the beginning.


More margaritas.


Another round of tequila shots and it was officially going to be a crazy night.


Cari Lee's hot sauce.


I have nothing to say about this photo except it is better than the one where I have my tongue out.



Up to the ballroom.


T/O

 I love my lil e!!

Here is where it gets a bit hazy...









At some point I changed my dress. Then I vaguely remember seeing Patrick holding Pengweezy, running at him and tackling him to the floor. 


He never knew what hit him.


At least I remembered to show a little bit of dignity!



Mine!


Apparently I tackled Teresa too.


She liked it.


I really have no idea why I would act so crazy and out of control!!


No idea...



12 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Gawd, jalapeno cheese bread is the best if not most disgusting story from vegas ever followed up by Teresa's rendition of Patricks "brazilian blowout" story of their car trip to the hoover dam! LOL! I love us and our wacky craziness. Headed up to see patrick and brooke tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have some funny stories. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him. I didnt even mention the ironing board! Thats an inside joke :-)

      Delete
  2. This post made me smileeeeeeeeeee! Looks like you guys all had so much fun, and I am cracking up at E's response to the Canadian guy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah, looks like a weekend to remember. And to partially forget, depending on the hour and amount of booze.
    Loved seeing this pictures, more please! I don't care one bit of they aren't recent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos.I went to that rave as well.Wish they would have another.I had a blast.Just love your dresses.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, what a party. lookes like you had loads of fun ... and you looked so great in your several outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had tons of fun.
    I think it's neat that you post about past raves, we should all go down memory lane a bit more often, maybe you even started a trend here. :)

    Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfits, and looks like you had a fun time too! Isn't it the way that sometimes you get all dressed up and intend to have a good time, and it just doesn't happen?

    By the way, my blog has moved to www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com - please do pay a visit some time!

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fifth picture in, Who is this wonderful, gorgeous, perfect man? Is that your boyfriend? Lucky girl if he is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! No, not my boyfriend. He is rather dreamy though!!

      Delete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...