Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recent Purchases

I know I have a shopping problem. There is just always something I have to have!!!



I bought the black ones and had to force myself not to buy the purple ones as well. I still want them. You all know that I have been obsessed with flat ankle tie sandals this summer and Victoria's Secret has had the best ones. I know I will wear these ones a lot.



Yes readers, I paid a lot for this skirt. I would not usually pay so much for a skirt but I have a story that goes with this one. A few months back when I went to San Francisco for Booze, Broads and Hotrods, I saw this very skirt at one of the vendors. I was broke so I walked away but I have regretted it ever since! I was just thinking the other day that maybe I should ask some of my SF crew if they knew that vendor and could find it for me. Yesterday I logged onto Facebook and promptly went to Ooh La La and THERE IT WAS!! I couldn't believe it! No one had expressed interest in it yet so I made sure I did right away. Good thing too, because soon there was interest ("interested" on OLL means "I might buy it").  After some back and forth with the seller I purchased it. Yes the price scares me a bit, especially because I am trying to save my money, but I just couldn't let it slip away a second time. I mean, IT HAS SOMBREROS AND MARACAS ON IT!!!! It practically has my name written all over it :-)

12 comments:

  1. What a great skirt! Money well spend, I think!
    Can everyone joim Ooh la la, or do you have to be a seller too?
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its open to everyone. Its a swap and sell so its meant more for collectors to sell or trade their stuff. Of course there are sellers on there too. It has some kinks but so far I have been really happy with it.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I'm so glad you bought that skirt I loved it and couldn't believe no one had expressed an interest either but it wouldn't fit round my thigh ;o) Need to see a pic of you in it, it's so gorgeous and I think totally worth the money for that print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too. Maybe the price scared people away. If I hadnt seen it before it would have scared me too. Im glad it worked out though.

      Delete
  3. The skirt looks fantastic and I know you will look fantastic in it too! The price might have been steep but you knooow you would have regretted it if you didn't get it. :) And coming across it twice? It was just meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally fate. I wish it had been a little cheaper but its ok. I deserve to splurge every now and then on something I really want!

      Delete
  4. Love love LOVE that skirt! I was tempted to buy it, but really shouldn't spend the money at the moment. I am so glad that you bought it, especially with that back story! It's fate! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too and there was no way I was going to let it slip away again!

      Delete
  5. You know what? I know you are trying to save money but I think sometimes if you regret not buying something that much then it's meant to be and the price isn't too horrific. Clearly this was meant to be yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made up for it by picking up some extra shifts at Macy's. That way I will earn the money back to put into my savings. Besides, I will NEVER not shop!!

      Delete
  6. Such a cute skirt! And it was totally meant to be! I've yet to make a purchase through OLL. I'm usually too slow in the interested queue, but I constantly check it!

    Victoria Secret has great shoes and boots! I buy a lot from them. They also make nice pea coats and wool coats. I bought a great full skirted one to wear with dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yellow skirt is adorable!!! If you love it, you'll wear it all the time...it'll be worth it :-)
    I think this skirt would be pretty cute with those VS sandals, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...