Tuesday, July 10, 2012

An Outfit Post, A Vintage Compact, And An Anniversary

This is a bit of mash up of a post. First, I have an outfit picture. Nothing super special, but I haven't shown one in a while so...

This is what I wore on saturday. I went to the grocery store, then on a McDonald's run for the Roy Rapid boys. Exciting, I know.

I still love my Victoria's Secret ankle tie flats. I wear them all the time!


I got a hair cut recently but I have been too lazy to really style it. Thank god I have 5 million scarves!

Next, I wanted to share my replacement compact. I've had it for a few years but rarely use it. I got it at an Art Deco show in San Francisco.


Its pink!! You press the little buttons on the side and the lid pops open.


It has two sections: one for powder and for rouge. The sponges are original and the powder still has the little paper covering over it.


I love this compact but its really small. The sponge is tiny so its hard to really use. I am still hunting for the perfect replacement for my doomed Stratton.

Also, I am celebrating an anniversary of sorts. Today marks exactly 1 year in San Diego!!


 It feels like I've always lived here, and I know I am home.  I'm with a man I love and we are building a life together. Even though it has been complicated at times, at the end of the day I am happy and it is all worth it. 

Happy anniversary to me :-)

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad you've found the place you belong. :)

    And who needs to fully style their hair when they do a awesome barrel roll like that? You look amazing, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved Denver but it never felt like home. And I like my barrel roll but I get bored with it. I'm just bored with my hair in general though! Good thing I have those scarves!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures, happy anniversary! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary....and make sure that pink compact doesn't end up in the toilet! :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Funny thing is I thought I had lost this compact. I literally searched my whole house looking for it. I finally found it stashed with all my nail polishes!

      Delete
  4. *gasps* The compact... amazing.

    Happy San Fran anniversary.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its San Diego though. It would have been San Fran had I not met Fernando :-)

      Delete
  5. Great pictures, you are so tiny, you must be able to score all those dresses us big girls can't squeeze into! Congrats on the anniversary, I feel the same way about my new home. I still think you should use the old compact the germs are dead, dead, deadski by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do ok. However, I have a hard time too with things being too big in the bust and hips. Or too long.

      I will eventually use the Stratton again. I just have to give it some time. lol!

      Delete
    2. I have a bust problem too, just get some super padded bras! Ha, Ha.

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary to you!
    I love your hair in the top pic and your outfit. Your flippin gorgeous!
    That compact is quite cute, I like the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tattoos, they look beautiful on you. Must have been a few years worth of work there?

    The outfit is super cute :) and a little jealous of your head scarf, that print is brilliant!

    And happy anniversay :) it's actually our 1 year anniversary in our flat this week too!


    Em
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That year went really fast! Congratulations, and lovely compact :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one stunning compact! Love it!

    Your hairdo looks amazing!

    Mazel Tov on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww happy anniversary. Loving your hair/headscarf combo in this post! xx

    My latest post: http://the-fashion-bandit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/story-of-goldilocks.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flats look so comfy.you look adorable.love the skirt.That compact is so cute.love that it has the rouge and powder.I always have a hard time finding the perfect compact.Happy belated anniversary.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...