Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Big Old Pile o' Scarves

The last thing I need is a bunch of vintage scarves. I have a drawer in my vanity literally stuffed to the brim with them. That being said, I was on the hunt for a green scarf (which, surprisingly, I did not already own) when I found two lots of really pretty vintage scarves for sale on Ebay. Now I really only needed the one lot with the green scarves in it, but I couldn't resist bidding on both lots. They were from the same seller and she said she'd combine shipping so...why not???

I got the box in today and I am quite pleased with them. There are some really pretty ones and they are all vintage. Most are silk but a few are cotton.


29 new scarves.


These are the green ones that started this whole thing!





I think this one is my favorite. I love the vibrant colors.



This is the signed "Vera" scarf. It has sequins on it.




All in all I now have 29 new scarves that I will need to find storage for. I know for a fact they will not fit in my vanity!!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE them! I don't even know how many scarves I have now. I think I wear one in my hair almost daily. What a fun win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear them all the time too. I started a new job and I have been slowly phasing them in. They are just so convenient!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I would not have been able to resist either! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wound up storing them in a vintage suitcase. Not sure how long that will work though, because it is already full.

      Delete
  3. I'm the same way with hankies, I have way to many but they are so pretty and you always find a big box of them at estate sales. Those scarves are really nice, I couldn't pass them up either. From Trina at: http://retrofashionismypassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I always find them for cheap so its easy to collect them. Luckily I do wear them often so at least I get a lot of use out of them.

      I'm gonna go check out your blog now :-)

      Delete
  4. Twenty-nine new scarves! I am jealous; they all look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about ties and tie clips. Oh and frozen yogurt :)

      Delete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...