Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cosmetics Reviews Part 1

For the past few months I've been working in the cosmetics department at Macy's as an on call. I have worked at every counter they have there: Dior, Shiseido, Origins, Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder, and Benefit. A few weeks ago I was picked up permanently at Benefit. Working at all the different counters has helped me figure out which products I really love, and which ones I can live without. This going to be an ongoing post, as I don't want to overwhelm you. I'll just do a few products at a time.

These first few products are all from Benefit.



I don't usually like buying brand name mascaras because they can be rather expensive and you have to buy a new one every couple of months. Besides, I have lots of drug store mascaras that work great. I got this one in a set though and have been using it consistently for about a month. I really like it so far. It reminds me of Diorshow, with a large, thick brush.  My only complaint is that sometimes it flakes a bit.

We have a new mascara that I have not bought yet called They're Real that I think is better:


Its $22 and is a non smudging, non flaking mascara. Its thickens, volumizes, and lengthens, making your lashes look like falsies. The brush has a little ball on the end that really gets all the lashes covered. Its pretty cool! When I run out of Bad Gal I will purchase this one.

Boi-ing Concealer
$19
I really like this concealer. I was using one from MAC that I thought was too thick around the eyes. This one is a cream to powder finish which goes on great around the eye area. I sell this one a lot because it smoothes and brightens the eye area without creasing.


That Gal is meant to be worn underneath foundation as a primer and a brightener. Honestly, this is one product I'm not really into. As a primer it works fine. My makeup stays put throughout the day. As a brightener though, it really needs to be worn either alone or with a tinted moisturizer to truly work. Once I put on my foundation and powder any brightening effects it may have are now covered. Personally, I prefer my Sephora Smoothing Primer over That Gal. Its only $16 and I still feel it works the best.

Well thats it for now. I will have more later, including non Benefit products. I always love to hear your feedback and questions so feel free to comment!!!





6 comments:

  1. i love benefit!!! my older sister introduced me to it and it has been in my make-up bag ever since. thanks for the post and by the way I love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Bad Gal lash for years, and switched to They're real recently. I LOVE it. Even without a lot of shadow or liner, it makes my eyes look "done". Benefit rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benefit is my favourite premium brand! I have been using bad gal mascara and eyeliner for quite a few years, as well as Boi-ing and Erase Paste too and Dallas has been my permanent blusher since they released it! Hope you enjoy your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this, Holly! I love Benefit but also find that some of their products are dodgy. Thank goodness for your job! haha
    Ashley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's bad that we don't have all the brands here in Sweden that you have.

    Oh, well i love your blog..

    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Benefit Play Sticks foundation! I wear "Spin the Bottle." "Jax" was the lightest shade but I can no longer find it. "Spin the Bottle" is great for concealing the rosacea on my cheeks! I also love the CORALista blush! It is a perfect dupe of Nars' infamous blush in Orgasm!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...