Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Some Not So Recent Purchases and Acquisitions

First, let me apologize for my absense. There have been a lot of changes in my personal life, with a lot more still to come. I try to not get too personal on here so I am keeping it to myself for now, but as things progress I will tell you all more. What I will say is that I am happier than I have been in years, and I'm very excited for whats to come :-)

So, here are a bunch of pictures of things I have bought or acquired in the last 4 or 5 months.



Carved bakelite earrings.
Ebay $10

40s rayon dress. Estae sale in LA.
$2

It has cute little cutouts at the neck.

And petal like scallops on the waist.

This was given to me. Its black and white with rhinestone buttons that I sewed on.

The inside lining is red.

This was a Viva purchase.
40s rayon Cheongsam dress
$160

Its purple and lime green. I couldnt resist!!

Mexican raffia tote.
Estate sale
$1

Another Viva purchase.
Cotton playsuit.
$95

This was a free estate sale find. I wish I would've taken a 'before' picture. It was in such a sad state. Holes and tears all over, missing all its buttons. I figured I'd try to save it since it was such a pretty dress. 

Its crepe and really beautiful. I had to soak it 3 times to get the stains out. Then I had to mend all the tears and hols. Then replace the buttons. Once I was done I put it on and realized that its way too long for me!! So now I have to hem it. 



This is another purchase I made at the estate sale in LA. They're 30s beaded shoes and they are amazing!!! The interior is velvet and all the beads are perfect!

I love them! The only problem is that they are just a tad too big for me. I don't know if I should pad the toe or just sell them.

I love them though!!!

18 comments:

  1. Great finds and you did good saving them.. I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey! I am having some serious dress envy! Especially that first beautiful dress...and those lilac rose buttons on the dress you saved and mended!
    Very glad to hear you are feeling happy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you do have a good eye for these things, those shoes are heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been missed kitten. Glad you are feeling really happy with life though. That dress you saved is beautiful, love the print and the cute little buttons. Also that cotton playsuit is yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pad the shoes! They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds!

    I'm just really happy to see you still can find a good deal in LA! Someone told me recently that you can't anymore.

    Congrats on all the life changes that are adding to your happiness!

    All the best
    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! I would take those shoes to the shoe man and see if he has any magic advice for padding the toe to make them fit, they are to cute to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you guys believe I found those lilac flower buttons at Joanne Fabric? They have have some really cute styles right now so I loaded up! Now I just need to figure out how to hem that dress. . . As for the shoes- I think I can pad the inside of the toe with mole skin. They are just too beautiful to sell! Plus, I got them for about $20! Oh and as for the deals in LA. . . I got a couple other things I forgot to post. A velvet bustier top and a 50s skirt for a grand total of $45. Not too bad, but most of the stores there are pricey. Great stuff though! I was drooling!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so glad you're back and that things are well in Temperamental-land :-)
    Those dresses you got at estate sales are a major score! I go to estate sales here in L.A. pretty often and I don't find 40's things very often at all. 70's and 80's, yes, 40's...hardly ever! You got way lucky!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that cheongsam, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your repair job. It can be a bit of a labour of love but it is so satisfying to save a bit of history

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that asian dress you got from Viva! Also, that playsuit you got from VIVA was from Nick at Sneaky Tiki, huh? I have been eyeing it for months, and even tried it on. But, decided against it because I wasnt sold on the asian print and pink blocking. Hum. I am surprised it is not too big on you. Also, hopefully we can go to estate sales in LA together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dollie-Is it too big on me. I'm really bad at not trying things on before I buy them! Bad habit!

    And you will definitely have to show me around LA when we are out there. Hopefully I'll be in San Diego by August :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's some yummy stuff you've got your paws on. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet finds, dresses are gorgeous and those shoes! To die for...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on Situations That Induce Happiness. :)

    Such great finds! Envious over the floral and that black-and-white dress with the red lining. Luscious! I think I have the sister dress to your crepe salvage. Same cut, same lovely pockets, different print. I adore it, but it is flat out too big for me. I should really put it in the shop, but I can't bear to part with it! You did a beautiful job saving yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those dresses are lovely.And the playsuit just adorable.Love it all especially the shoes.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dresses are beautiful, but those shoes are SPECTACULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...