Tuesday, April 19, 2011

News, Updates, Photos and More

I wanted to get a post in before I left for Vegas and update a few things. The first bit of new is that I got a job at Boss Vintage here in Denver. If you been or are going to Viva you will see that they have the biggest vendor booth there. We went in to look around the other day and they offered me a job so I'm pretty excited! I will get to work at a great store around fabulous clothes. And, I will be able to dress the way I prefer to.

The second bit of news has to do with Lauren Rennells fabulous new book Retro Makeup: Techniques for Applying the Vintage Look. First, it is a fabulous book and a great companion to her Vintage Hairstyling book so everyone should pick up a copy ASAP!! Second, I am in it! I had the opportunity to model for Lauren a few months back and finally got to see the finished product and I am quite happy with it. I did a Hedy Lamarr look in one and also reproduced some vintage cosmetics adds. If you get the chance to see the book look for me :-)


Lastly, here are some photos from the past few days.



Faux bangs, which I managed to wear fro 3 days straight.

With Oscar's friend Jean from Frnace.

Faux bangs take 2.

At the Skylark wth Jean and Yara.

Faux bangs take 3, at The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.

We leave for Vegas tomorrow so tonight I am going to set my hair and finish packing. I will have lots of pictures to post when I return!!

11 comments:

  1. 1) Congrats on the job! 2) How cool that you're in the book, I plan to pick up my copy in Vegas! 3) You look so cute in those pics, I love the faux bangs. 4) The Garden of the Gods looks awesome.

    We're packing right now, I'm working from home tomorrow so I can tie up all my loose ends and leaving at the crack of dawn Thursday. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cool..the job and the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the book as soon as it was possible and it' snow on it's way to me over the Atlantic. How nice that you are in it. :)

    Congratulations to the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey congrats on the job and inclusion in the book, things are on the up eh?!

    Have a great time in Vegas, jealous me, never....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! Its so much better to work in an industry that you love! I forsee many more new clothes updates......
    And great you are in the book - thats two now!
    Bon voyage for Viva, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. CDongratulations on the job and the book gal! Would be lovely to be in a job where you can wear your own style all the time. Also you get the oick of the things first ;)

    Have a wonnnderful time at VLV. I'm very jealous indeed. Can't wait for all the pics on your return x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following your blog for a little bit now and I have to say you are one of my favourites. You are so incredibly cute, unpretentious, and undelusional! You give us vintage-luvin' gals a good name! :) I'm also totally inspired by your looks and, especially, your weight loss trials. What you said in a past post about having no right to be unhappy with your body because it's something that can be controlled -- it was DEAD ON RIGHT. I've been trying to lose a few lbs, too. What you said rings in my head every single day and keeps me motivated. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the cool new job!

    Have fun at VLV!

    ~MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just sent you a message on facebook when I saw you in the book! You look GORGEOUS! And you looked equally amazing every time I saw you in Vegas...I told my friends that you were the best drest/styled chick of the weekend. ;-) You have given me SO much motivation to shop Vintage.

    xxoo,
    Ashly\ey

    ReplyDelete
  10. i saw that book at one of the vendors.i wanted it so bad,but by the time i saw it i was broke.so will have to order it.Hope you had a nice time at vlv.I had a blast.soooo many people.the bands were fantastic.can't wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats on the job!! and the book! I didn't go to Viva but I do go to Boss when I have some spare coin :)How exciting. Everyone there is great! I love your Blog, very inspiring.
    Slainte,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...