Friday, January 14, 2011

Thanksgiving in LA

Or more specifically, West Covina, as thats where Oscars family lives. Since I got canned from my job we decided that there was no reason not to go there for a visit. So thats just what we did. It was a lot of fun too!

We flew in on Thanksgiving day, and as you saw in a previous post, we went straight to King Taco. If you've never been there you should go immediately!! If you are able to of course. Its so good!! After that we just visited with family before heading to dinner.

All of Oscars family was there, about 50 people. There were 3 turkeys, 2 hams, rice, tamales, and basically just tons of food. There was also a lot of alcohol.

Me and Oscar before dinner. I'm wearing the My Baby Jo dress I got at the Rhythm Rocker, with my Forever 21 cardigan.


Oscars sisters Kacey and Giselle.

After dinner they turned the dining room into a disco. I'm not exagerating either. There were disco lights, a fog machine and a DJ.



It was funny too because mostly it was the older people that were dancing. Oscar and I were so tired from our flight that we spent most of the even ing in the living room.

Friday or saturday, I forget which, we went to a show at Spikes. I don't remember the names of the bands. I do remember they were really good and there were 3 DJ's. A lot of people showed up too, so it was a lot of fun. Here are some random pictures from the night.
Navor's GF, Lori, Melissa and me.

Dj Satoshi

Oscar with Bud and Melissa.


Me and Oscar

After the show we stopped at In and Out Burger. Have to say I'm not a fan. It was just ok IMO.

The next day we met up with my friend Cara who now lives in Echo Park. We went to the Dresdin Room for drinks, which was Oscars hangout when he lived in LA. If it sounds familiar its because it was one of the bars the guys went to in the movie Swingers.

 Later we went to dinner with his family.

I wish I would've taken better outfit pics. I got this sweater at a flea market in San Francisco.

Oscar's mom and dad.

Geronimo

La Loca

Georgie, my favorite.

Right before our flight with Giselle and Beto.

The trip was a lot of fun and it was good to spend some time with his family.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. My boyfriend is originally from Ecuador and they turn there basement into a disco tech every holiday. New years was INSANE!!! His 80 year old grandma can drink and dance me under the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I went to LA over TG 5 years in a row, but haven't gone the last couple years. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics looks like u guys had fun! i wish i could find great dresses that fit me =( everytime i try there either too but in the waist or tooo big in the bust thats a double sad face lol but u look great love your blog!


    and that girl kacey i use to have her on my "myspace" when i had one lol
    <3Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so near were I live and what a lovely dress you have on =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing your pictures. =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a lot of fun! Latin families really know how to celebrate! Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...