Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolutions

It's not too late to make some New Years resolutions is it? I don't normaly make them butI feel with my current situation being what it is a few resoltions might be a good thing. Some of these things will pertain to my blog and some to my life.

1-Do more hair and outfit posts, once I get a computer of course. I wear vintage or vintage inspired every day, and I've gotten much better at consistently doing my hair. I'm not good at taking photos of myself though. Usually Oscar and I just run out the door and I forget to take a pic. My goal is to just take that extra minute for a picture so that I can post them for you. I love seeing outfit posts from the other vintage bloggers because it gives me inspiration with my own outfits. So I figure maybe you guys would like to see them too?

2-Lose 5-10 pounds. Since being with Oscar I have gained 10 pounds. Being in a relationship does this to most people. That and my love of dessert! Either way I have become extremely lazy and am unhappy with my body. I need to lose weight and tone up before Viva in April. A good start would be to open up the Turbo Jam DVD I got 6 months ago and actually use it. Then I can move up to going to the gym. The good thing is that Oscar needs to lose weight too so at least I'm not alone!

3-Be better at responding to and leaving comments. I live reading comments from my readers and try to respond to all of them. I want to be more consistent though. I also want to leave more comments on the blogs I follow. I read them all the time but I don't always leave a comment. It's easy to just take a minute and leave a comment so I plan on doing that more often. I know how much I appreciate them!

4-Dance more and finally learn Balboa. I've been swing dancing for about 10 years now. It's never been something I take too seriously. I do it for fun and I like to challenge myself. Learning Shag was a goal of mine that I finaaly accomplished, and I want to continue to get better at it. Balboa is the next thing I want to learn. I know a bit of it and can follow it with a good lead, but I don't actually know it. It would help if I went dancing more so my goal is to do that.

5-Figure out something to do with my life! I don't even know where to begin with this but I finally have some time to figure it so I might as well take advantage of it!

So those are my resolutions. What are some of yours???

10 comments:

  1. I am with you on number 5, I am hoping to do that this year too! In fact it is my only resolution, though I should be better at commenting too. I do my best to comment on others blogs, but am rubbish at remembering to reply to reply to ones left on mine. Happy 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with number one that's something I have to do to.

    pinupdolls01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I need to get acquainted with number 3 too. I read so many, never comment. Time for new habits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan! happy new year from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions and it's never too late, I tend to do mine the second week of jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on losing 5-10 lbs, the holidays were rough on me this year. Miss you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I think everyone tends to overindulge during the holidays. I wasn't too bad this year. I didn't even have and pecan pie, and that's my favorite!

    Amy-Miss you too. Got the pictures of Hailey. She's starting to look more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! That's no small list of resolutions - I wish you luck with them. I've been trying to lose my five pounds since Jan 2010 : ))

    cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Balboa! I'm sad that more people don't do it here. Bal was/is big in San Diego, especially Bal-swing (SOOOOOO FUN)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cakesandshakes-I'm horrible at working out so we'll see how that one goes.

    Tara-I've wanted to learn it for so long!! I figure that it should be easier now that I know Shag. Theres a big Bal weekender going here in Feb that I might go to.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...