Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Little Bit Closer. . .

This weekend has been a bit of a shopping excursion. One very important thing we bought was a monitor for our computer. Tomorrow I'm going to call and get Internet. Hopefully we'll be all set up in a few days.

The rest of the shopping has been for vintage goodies. We did a bit of traveling for them, which was fun but tiring. We do this pretty often, of course, but this time we weren't shopping for ourselves. We've been stocking up on merchandise for our business!

It's all in the very early stages so I can't divulge too much. But our plan is to sell vintage clothing online. There will be more to it but we have yet to work out all the details. Right now I am working on turning our dining room/office into an office/dining room. Also, we want to get a good amount of product together.

So far I'm really excited about what we got. I thought we'd find a bunch of 50s stuff but we actually got a bunch of 30s and 40s stuff. It's all really amazing stuff, in great shape. I thought it would be hard to not buy for myself but I made sure that I went into it with a different mindset. I know some people are going to really like what we got as it's extremely hard to find 30s stuff in good shape. We even got a plus sized dress! Oh, and I did manage to get myself a few things, of course!

Well that's all I can say for now. It's snowing here today but I'm going to venture out to pick up some supplies and hit a thrift store. I'm also going to go to Michaels to buy stuff to make some flower hair clips. I will have pictures for you all very soon!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great new venture...one door closes another one always opens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see your new stuff! You're right, 30's & 40's stuff is getting really hard to find (especially here in L.A.) so congrats on your scores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I can't wait to share them with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you got, especially the larger dresses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool!! You guys will be great at finding the goods to sell.
    Ever since I started making hair flowers, and more recently baby and little girl bows, it's been so fun and such a great hobby! I figure that even if I end up not making profit, at least I'm having fun making them. It's so relaxing and something I can do as a hobby in my spare time.
    So, even if your business is slow at first, at least you'll have fun shopping!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, sounds like everything is falling into place with getting the blog up to full speed, can't wait to see all your lovely purchases!

    cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara-You were always so crafty! I remember all the cute stuff you did to your old apartment. I always loved making hair clips. Its so much cheaper than buying the premade ones at shows and stuff. Plus, I can really make em the way I want.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...