Monday, January 3, 2011

Bring It On 2011!!

Wow, all of a sudden I have over 200 followers! Thanks to everyone for keeping track of my little blog! I feel so bad that's it's in a bit of a lull at the moment. I can blog ok from the I Phone but I can't post pictures. I feel that pictures are a huge part of my blog so it's hard to post without them. But I don't want to disappear completely so I will try and do some pictureless posts for you all.

Being unemployed for the time being has been quite enjoyable! I feel a bit like a housewife. I clean and cook and run errands. I am in limbo with my unemployment benefits right Noe and I have to go through an appeal. Not a fun process and I won't bore you with it but I will keep you updated.

For now I won't be working. Oscar and I am just using this time to think about what we want to do with our future. Do we want to stay in Denver, buy a house and get married? But Denver is boring and we're feeling trapped. Or do we want to move to LA, where there is tons to do but it's expensive? We've discussed starting an online business, or opening a store. Maybe I should become a hair stylist? There are lots of options open to us right now. It's just deciding on the right one.

Not everything is so serious and life altering though. We've had a lot of fun too. I feel like myself again. I am not tired and grumpy like I always was after work. I never wanted wanted to do anything or take time off for fear of getting in trouble. It's nice to be free. Luckily Oscar makes enough for us to live on. And I still get to shop a bit!

Well that's it for now. I want to thank everyone for the blog awards I' ve received recently and to The Rockabilly Socialite for giving me her Best Dressed of 2010 award. It means a lot
to me! It inspires me to be more diligent about documenting my hair and outfits for you all. I hope to have quite a few of them to post pics of when I can. In the meantime I will try to think of some text only posts to do. And please keep the comments coming! I am working on getting caught up on them and also commenting on the blogs I follow as well.

Oh, and Happy New Year!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh good on you, I for one still read your blog without pics, it makes little difference. You seem tto be looking at your unemployed state as an opportunity rather than a setback, and thats so positive, good for you. Best wishes, Kitty.xx.
    www.KittysVintageKitsch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....or course I say move to LA! There are lots of jobs, and plenty of fun stuff to do. The weather is great too! And, you already know people here. We live on the outskirts of LA County, so its a lot cheaper, we just have to drive a little more.

    Glad to see you back on the blog-bandwaggon! :)

    XOXO
    Dollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you back! Glad you're enjoying your "funemployment", too!
    Have you thought about Austin? It seems like a fun place to live and it (and Texas in general) is pretty stable financially. I've lived in LA a long time and it's pretty darn pricey! We live out on the outskirts of LA County (like Dollie, above) and it does save money, but the long drive is a bummer...it makes it hard to do anything spontaneously. Plus, the whole state of CA is in the crapper, financially, and it's gonna get worse. Well, that's my two cents!
    I'm sure wherever you go you'll thrive!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty-thanks for finding me interesting even without photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dollie and MoMo-I'm leaning towards LA too. If we do go there we will probably live in Long Beach. It's cheaper there. You just have to be careful which block you live on. As for Austin-I've been there twice and I'm not a fan. I'd rather stay in Denver. It's prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in COS now, I'm glad I got out of CA, but it totally depends on what you like to do in your spare time. With my interests, I could live damn near anywhere. If you two like to go out a lot, maybe CA would be better, but just prepare yourself for a high cost of living all over. Are you friends with Brian at all? He might be a good one to talk to, since he made the Denver to CA move. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin-Denver is a great town, don't get me wrong. It's beautiful and clean and it's fun to have all 4 seasons. What it lacks, IMO, is culture, music, and creativity. Because of our location it's hard for bands to travel here. The mountains make that dificult. It also keeps us a bit closed off to new things. If you are really active and out doorsy, or love sports, Denver is great. It would be a great place to buy a home and start a family. I'm just not sure we're there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Move to Los Angeles!! We can double date! :D

    So happy you are back and creating posts again.

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at how many people want you and Oscar to move to California, DO IT :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...