Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1930s Fashion

I went to an estate sale today and there were literally over 400 people in line. Luckily I put my name on the list yesterday and was #65. It was a mad house!! I managed to get out with a few cool things that will go into our store. We our still working on getting everything set up but I am so ready to start selling this stuff!! We have some great stuff that I think people will really like, but getting it all ready takes a lot of work!!

I have some posts I am still working on. A Bakelite post for Brook and a makeup post for Sarah. If you guys ever have any requests for me feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas! I have more Viva posts coming too of course.

Today I'm going to share some pictures from a book I have. Ever since I got into all of this over 10 years ago I have used these books as reference and inspiration. I didn't have internet at the time so I would buy every book about vintage fashion (or just picture heavy books in general). Old magazines are a great resource as well. I taught myself how to do vintage hair using these books. Now, as we're starting our store, we use these books to reference items we have bought, or are looking to buy. They are a great help!




I got this book a while back and thought I'd share it with you. I also have the 40s and 50s ones, so I will share those later. Eventually I will have a scanner so I can post better pictures for you. This book is filled with beautiful things, so I highly recommend getting it.

Huaraches.

Totally cute cable knit sweater!

This is around 1939. The hair and clothes are starting to look more 40's.

I would KILL for this outfit! I even have some sombrero earrings that would look perfect!





Gabardine! The nations favorite.


There are so many cute hairstyles in this book.

I need more hats...

You gotta love a buckle back jacket!



The sweaters are so cute!! I love the short sleeved ones.

Cloches in every style and color.




We have some mens sweaters like this one that will be in our store.




Even the shoes are Art Deco!

11 comments:

  1. How exicting about your business venture! I hope it's up and running soon! Those 30s images are just awesome! I love the knit sweaters from that era! I also love the robes, dresses, and men's attire! The whole era just screams elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh nice pics! God I love vintage catalogs. No surprise I'm crushing on all those sweaters. And the sombrero hat is killlling me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like a great book, might have to put it on my wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great book, I would love to find myself something like that. I would probably wear the thing out by looking at it too much. haha
    Everything is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great book!! I'll have to see if I can track down one for myself...it seems like a fantastic reference. Those sweaters are adorable! I love the one with the little tie at the neck. And the shoes! and the cloches! and the...oh well I guess I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scans, thank you. I have had this book on my wish list for ages so it is great to have a peek inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab book, yep I think I have the 40s one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great book. I LOVE all the knits, so gorgeous!
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have that book at Time Zone! We also have the 20s and the 40s book. They were great references when pricing and determining what we had. When the shop was closed, I would spend hours looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Through these images, we can find the difference between fashion today and fashion on year 1930's. Style has evolved after a while, and the variation regarding todays fashion as well as the 1930's style is that these days people are much less reckless as well as expresive because hippies were, furthermore people began to observe items distinct because of new advances. You also have to own in mind that folks from the Nineteen thirties were other decade knowing that things weren't that advance as is also right now.

    Watch Repairs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...