Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm Still Alive!

Hey everyone! I know maybe a few of you are wondering where I've been. Well to put it bluntly I was fired from my job. It was over something stupid. I am not upset though. I am actually enjoying my time off. Plus, I had been unhappy there for quite some time so this was actually a blessing in disguise. Oscar has been really supportive too, which helps a lot. The bad thing is that I don't have a computer at home. It has been hard being cut off from my blog, Ebay and Facebook , but hopefully we will have a computer at home here pretty soon. I am also waiting to see if I can get unemployment. I will find out soon if I am elligible.

In the meantime we have been to LA and Austin so once I am able to post pictures again I will have some new posts for you all. For now I just wanted to update everyone. I am in a good state of mind right now and am not upset. I don't know what will happen next but I'm sure it will be better than being miserable at a dead end job! I just can't wait to get that darned computer!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to post! I was beginning to worry. I hope everything gets settled and we'll be seeing your shopping adventures and interesting stories again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, but I'm glad you seem to have a good attitude about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are okay. :D
    Can't wait to see photos of your recent adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TB: You were missed. Sorry for your troubles, but I applaud your attitude. It fits in with my latest post. Best of everything to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes losing a job is the best thing that can happen! :) Was for me. Hope everything works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great meeting you a few weeks ago at Cuba Cuba. Sorry I was so kooky - those mojitos were fierce! Glad to hear you're doing well!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly,

    Sorry to hear about the job but it sounds like everything was for the best, especially for you! I quit a job before I was fired back in 1997. I worked there for over a year and the wife of the boss (who just had a title but did nothing) was a total control freak brat! She and her ugly fur coat had me do her errands, pick up her dry cleaning, order party trays from her caterer, get theatre tickets, and so on. And when the boss actually gave me real work to do, she would get mad and tell me that picking up her alterations at Neiman Marcus took priority. Then I got in trouble with the boss! I quit before things got worse. Interestingly enough, the place got busted for tax evasion a year later! I knew I was better off even though the husband and I needed the money since I was in college and newly married.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was starting to worry :) a wee bit!
    So sorry to hear about your job, but you seem to have a great attitude about it.
    You know there's opportunity in every seemingly bad situation...can't wait to see your Austin adventures...what a great town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there! It's good that you have a positive attitude over it. We'll be here when you have computer access again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes good things come in really bad wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering! I miss your blogs :( Can't wait to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the well wishes! As you can see I'm just now getting caught up on comments. All the great advice really helps!

    Kelli- Meeting you at Cuba Cuba was great! Once I can I have a picture to post of us!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...