Friday, September 3, 2010

Whats In My Makeup Bag?

I don't know about you guys but I have a tendency to add so much to my makeup bag throughout the week, that by friday I feel like I'm lugging around 10 pounds of crap! I decided to take some pictures of it for you. Some of this stuff I always carry around, and the rest is stuff that needs to be put away.

Poor little makeup bag!! No wonder my purse feels so heavy today!


I have a slight addiction to lip glosses. Most of these need to go back in my vanity. Here we have from left:
3 Maybelline Shine Sensational in Freshly Sliced, Treat Me Sweet, and Mad About Melon.
Stila 24 Carat Gloss in Precious Coral
Loreal Lipstick in Red Rhapsody
MAC Brick Lip liner
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Hot Red
MAC Dazzleglass in Love Alert
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in My Favourite Pink


These are things that are always in my makeup bag.
Too Faced Retractable Kabuki brush.
Nars Deep Throat blush.
Vintage powder compact
Palladio Rice Paper blotting tissues


The first two are invaders but the other three are always with me.
Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black
Maybelline Falsies Mascara (I have grown fond of this since my review).
2 travel body sprays. I bought them from Sallys and filled them with my own. One scent is Gap Dream and the other is Bath and Body Works Enchanted Orchid.
A comb.

So girls, what things do you always have to have with you? I always have to have my compact, a comb, a travel body spray, and a lip product. That stuff, along with my phone and money, are about all that fits inside those lucite box purses anyways!!

3 comments:

  1. I always carry my lipstick of the day, matching lip liner, 3 Custom Color concealer pencil in Light to keep blemishes covered, vintage compact filled with powder, and Clean and Clear Oil Blotting Sheets.

    I also carry a supply of extra bobby pins and safety pins in an empty Altoids Smalls tin. The safety pins come in handy in case of a clothing emergency or if a button pops off my cardigan, dress, blouse, etc.

    Your vintage compact looks so pretty! I have two at the moment. I would love to collect more!

    One of the compacts is a vintage Elgin American design from the 50s that belonged to my husband's bubbe. It is square-shaped and has a silver tone finish with golden birds on the front. Recently, the push clasp broke. The compact also lost its original mirror and I glued in a modern one. It is not in great shape but it still looks beautiful. I keep on my vanity for display now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too bad, I always have mascara, lipstick & lipliner, small perfume and powder compact, if I'm somewhere i have to be looking my best then I'll take a liquid eyeliner with me too to keep on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind on comments! I cleaned out my makeup bag but its already over flowing again. I guess I am just a high maintenace girl!! As for compacts--I always carry that Stratton one because it is sturdy and doesn't leak. My fancier ones are just for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...