Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wannabe Domestic Diva

My long weekend was spent cleaning and cooking mostly. I am not a fancy cook or anything but I can make anything from a recipe. And the stuff that was handed down to me from my mom and grandma don't require measurments or timers. I just know when they are right. On sunday I made enchilada casserole, which was a staple of my childhood. My family is from the south (West Virginia) but my mom moved to New Mexico when she was a teenager. This allowed an odd mixing of southern and New Mexican foods. New Mexican food is very different than Mexican food and I am always trying to mix it in to Oscars diet. He was a bit wary of the idea of an enchilada casserole, but once he tried it he was hooked! Good thing because we have tons of leftovers!

Since I was in a domestic mood I also made a cake. I am not a very skilled baker so most of my cakes come from a box. I fancied it up with strawberries though to give it that home made touch!

Holly Homemaker

8 comments:

  1. Check you! The cake looks awesome!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I brought some for lunch today but I think it got a bit smooshed on the bus :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the cake, I'm like you not a demon in the kitchen but my food always tastes good and I can follow a recipe easily!

    Enchilada casserole sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks yummy! I'm pretty good at baking but they always look rather awful (but taste great). ;] I'm also intrigued by the casserole. Hehe.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I will do a post for the casserole recipe. Its one of those things that doesnt look fabulous but it sure does taste great! I've been eating it all week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmm enchiladas.........

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...