Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oscars Birthday

This past weekend was spent celebrating Oscars birthday. It was a pretty chill weekend. No crazy parties or anything. Saturday, which was his actual birthday, we just had Thai food and watched a movie. It was a nice relaxing time.

Friday I gave Oscar his gifts which I can finally share with you guys. Here he is opening it.

I just had to get him the elephant gift bag! Everyone at work thought I was going to a baby shower!


His gift. A deadstock Trav-L-Bar complete with original key.

Its probably from the early 60s. He really loved it! I got this for him to put in his Cadillac so he can make cocktails and stuff at car shows. He has vintage folding table and chairs, and the portable record player and now he has a bar. The only other things we need are a picnic set and table cloth and we'll be all set!


His other gift was this record, which is part of a series of 50s and 60s burlesque instrumentals. Its a really great compilation and one that I would recommend highly.

We went to dinner that night at Bastiens, our favorite steak house that opened in 1959. Its the first ever Googie style building to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places and its located about 10 blocks from where we live.


Its a no nonsense steak house that features a sunken bar, a sugar steak, and a bartender named Scott. If you are ever in Denver make sure to stop by!


Cocktails and polaroids.

Our favorite dessert is the Black Forest or Black Russian cake (I always mess up the name!) and the waitress brought it out to Oscar with candles.


Happy Birthday!!

Sunday was our usual BBQ and Mad Men.

I apologize for the sweats.
We made cajun pork tenderloin with a pineapple/mint salsa, asparagus, and potatoes au gratin. It was delicious!!!!

After Mad Men I gave Oscar his official birthday cake.


All in all it was a great weekend and I'm glad he had such a great birthday!


7 comments:

  1. Great gifts, what a lucky guy! And I went to a wedding once at Bastiens, it really is a great little restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love that travel bar, sooo cool! So, off to LA in two weeks.....are we going to get a sneak peak at what you are planning to wear? I need help, I havent thought about it at all!

    XOXO
    Dollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Oscar!
    Looks like a laid back, fun birthday to me!

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! It really was a good weekend.

    Dollie-If I ever get around to it!! I havent even begun to plan out my outfits! I need to get on it though and if I do I will definately give you a sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the gift you got him was great!
    It looks like he had a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a travel bar from the same brand - it is so nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday anniversary, Oscar.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...