Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weekend Round-up

Yesterday was a bad day. I woke up in a horrible mood, had issues with my hair and thighs, and it just seemed everything was fighting me. I am dealing with a non paying bidder on Ebay as well. Needless to say all I wanted to do yesterday was hide, which is exactly what I did!

Well today is a new and better day so I thought I would share my photos from the weekend. On friday we went to a show. Nothing exciting really but I did take an outfit photo:

I'm wearing my faux 40s dress and vintage wedges. My hair is doing something very weird! I have a hair appointment today because it needs a trim badly!

Saturday was a positively beautiful day so we took the Caddy out and drove around. We went to Boss Vintage to visit with Ron and I finally purchased this book:


You would think I would've bought this book ages ago as its author lives here in Denver, but I kept putting it off. I finally decided to buy it though as I've been struggling with my hair lately. I must say that this book is amazing! I have the previous vintage hair bible 1940s Hairstyles by Daniela Turudich, and it has always been helpful, but Lauren does an amazing job at showing you how to do these styles with modern tools. She also shows you how to do pin curls, finger waves and victory rolls. Plus there are TONS of color photos so its virtually fool proof. I highly suggest buying this book! You can buy it at Vintagehairstyling.com. Also, if you don't already follow her blog you should because its filled with vintage hairstyling tid bits.  Its called Bobby Pin Blog.
 Ok, back to the weekend.

After that we decided to go to the zoo because we havent gone before and its just a few blocks away from our home.


I finally wore my Rose Marie Reid playsuit. I love it!! My shoes, however, were killing me.


Here I am petting the lion.


And here is Oscar about to go swimming with the flamingos.


15 comments:

  1. I wish my hair looked like yours when its doing something weird because I think it looks good! Mines pin straight and cant do a thing with it! Very nice outfits as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're talking about, because your hair looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks ladies! My hair was driving me nutso all weekend!! Hopefully tonights haircut will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks cute in the up 'do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your look is just gorgeous! The faux 40s dress and the playsuit are divine! And as always, your hair is fab! I love the way your have your hair scarf! Too cute!

    I cannot wait for my hair to grow out! Next month, I am going to have enough length to do a Middy Plus. My goal is to have a femme fatale with the option to do a pony tail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous, as usual. =D I still don't have that book, myself!!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look Gorgeous I love your outfits and hair in both pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're hair looks fab but I know what you mean mine desperately needs a cut too and I'm never satisfied myself when I know it needs a cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you hair looks great..stop fussing,lol
    love your dresses and scarf too..ooh I been savoring for that book .:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow thanks for all the compliments ladies!! I really appreciate them!! You all know how it is though. When something feels 'off' nothing anyone says will make you feel better. My hair grows really fast and when it does the back and underneath get so full its impossible to work with. I had my hair cut yesterday and she took a lot off. I feel like I lost 5 pounds! Lol! Its still long though, which looks best on me. As for the book-it really is an amazing book and I highly recommend it to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Retro Heads!

    I entered a contest to win a walk-on role on the most retro-licious TV show ever: MAD MEN!

    But I need your votes to help me win, so please visit my blog or go to http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH and vote for me!

    Thanks a bunch,
    Marcheline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I really like your style, you look totally awesome!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that faux 40s dress is gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...