Monday, August 9, 2010

Hot Rod Ho-down

Every year in Colorado Springs there is a big car show at Southside Johnny's bar. Its an all day event with bands and burlesque in the evening. We decided to get a room at the Hilton there so we wouldn't have to worry about driving back.


The bands were Johnny and the Blades and Three Blue Teardrops from Chicago.

My outfit for the day. I've had this dress for over a year and this is the first time I ever wore it! It just happened to match my Lola's perfectly :-)
Dress-Vintage on Ebay
Shoes-Miss L Fire Lola


With Oscar. We kinda matched.


With the fabulous Trinnie, who is also originally from New Mexico. Her and her husband Herbie are responsible for getting Johnny and the Blades back together and put on the Hotrod Ho-down with their car club.



A couple of the very lovely ladies from Peaks and Pasties Burlesque.


DJ Big Mike with Bella from Peaks and Pasties. I think he had a crush on her (along with everyone else!). 

Overall the show was fun. I'm not a big car show girl (we didn't even go see the cars at all) but there was a good turnout and I got to hang out with some really great people. They also raised about $2000 for the charity Safe to Tell.

The next day Oscar and I did a bit of shopping. Here was my outfit:

 
I wore the Lola's again. I have to say that they are extremely comfortable! No blisters or rubbing at all!
Vintage dress-Viva Las Vegas

Heres a closeup of my hair.
I didnt wash it out from the night before. I did take it all out and brush out the hairspray though. No lipstick either.

My purchases:
Earrings $4


Lucite and plastic bangles $15


Bakelite bangle and spacers $33 (so cheap!!)

Oscar bought a bunch of 45's as well. Tons of Sun records and doo wop that we were listening to last night before Mad Men.

6 comments:

  1. Those shoes are very nice, and match your outfits really well. As usual, envious of your bakelite bargains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are AMAZING! I also love that first dress! And as always, your hair and makeup are gorgeous! Girl, you look fabulous no matter what you do!

    It looks like it was a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new Lola shoes match that dress so well! Nice one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your first outfit. Those shoes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress you wore to the show was adorable, and I am so jealous of your bakelite finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I know Trinne and Herbie!! Love love love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...