Monday, July 12, 2010

Shag

Here's some video of me and my friend Glen dancing shag a few months back. We were supposed to be practicing but basically wound up just goofing off. We weren't into the music being played so our motivation was lacking, to say the least.



I haven't been dancing shag for very long so we will eventually work out the kinks. My goal is to kick forward as well as back depending on the hold position. For now we are just trying to master new moves and get through a whole song without messing up. Its harder than you would imagine!!



Ta da!!  As you can tell we goof off most of the time. Isnt dancing supposed be fun?? I hate when I take it too seriously because then I start to hate it :-(

6 comments:

  1. That's why I just Jive and do a little ECS...I don't want to have to think of anything other than the music when I'm dancing. I'm not a great dancer, but I do like to have fun with it and some of the more complicated dances just look like the people are concentrating too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like lindy and shag because they are complicated, but usually I just want to dance and not think about the steps. When theres a great song on I don't care what my feet are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shag is my absolute favorite! Love it! I could do it all night long... Unfortunately the shag scene here in Finland is so small that it's rarely possible. I also do lindy, balboa and charleston among others, so fortunately I still get to dance all night, even if there's not that many shag dancers around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been going to Lindy classes lately because I started to take it too seriously myself and forgot it was meant to be fun. So I decided a break would do me good (but I still go social dancing almost every week). I've never done any Shag (I don't think it's very big in the Adelaide scene - most people here just do Lindy and a little Balboa) but it looks like fun!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Shag and wish I were better at it. I've also been taking a break from swing dancing. It was starting to not be fun. I'm starting to feel the urge again though, so I think I will start going again.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...