Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Albuquerque: Friends and Family and Randomness

Albuquerque is my home town so when I go back for a visit I look forward to seeing all my friends and family. July 4th weekend was jam packed! Of course, as you've already seen, we did manage to find time to do some shopping.

On sunday was when Oscar got sick so we spent most of that day in the ER. Not that anything was accomplished though. He was there for 12 hours and all they did was take blood. They never even tested it. Around 1:30AM we decided to go back to the hotel and get some sleep and drive back to Denver the next morning. When we got back he went to the ER here and they took care of immedietly. He had surgery to remove his gall bladder and now he is on the mend. He's feeling better but can't go back to work yet.

Anways, here are some pictures of my friends Chris and Angela. They are two of my oldest friends. They have been together since Angela and I were 17. Crazy!! They have a 13 year old too. Even crazier!!

It was her birthday on saturday so we went to the Melting Pot.


And with Oscar before his gall bladder exploded!!

Afterwards we went to a rockabilly show. My bestie Tara was there and she is a skinny minnie even though her twins are only a year old. So jealous!!

Holly Bomba and T Dawg!!


Beto and Jana

Pat Bova and Fernando. Pats old band Bovine is what got me into Rockabilly. He also taught me how to dance!


With Lloyd Tripp and Francis

Even though Oscar was waiting at the ER I had to go over to my sisters for a while and see my nieces on sunday. I hardly get to see them!
My oldest niece (14!!) Cheyenne and her friend Mandy. She was of course mortified to get her picture taken. They were text talking to each other the whole time. So funny!

My nieces Kaella and Hailey


Haileys awesome Pac Man nail polish!!


With Michelle and Kaella. Kaella is a goof ball!


Amy and Hailey


Michelle, Amy, Hailey and Kaella. Cheyenne had already left (teenagers!! lol!). I have 1 other niece and 2 nephews but they live in Connecticut.

Here are a few random pictures as well.

You'll only know the significance of this photo if you've ever lived in NM.


MmmmmmmmmmLotaBurger............!


On friday I wore my new circle skirt.


On saturday we managed a visit to the pool.


I told him to take his shoes and socks off but he didn't listen to me.


I wish we had a pool :-(



 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had, though probably not for Oscar! Hope he makes a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Oscar :(

    Love that last photo!! Wish I had a pool too...that's on my someday list.

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a pool 2! :) Is Oscar okay now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oscars ok. He's just trying to figure out what he can and can not eat. So far it hasnt stopped him any!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord--as someone who just celebrated the one-year anniversary of having her gall bladder out, Oscar has my TOTAL sympathy; gall bladder woes are *painful*! Hope he's back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...