Thursday, July 8, 2010

Albuquerque: Clothing and Accessories

I'm back!! It was an interesting trip to say the least. I got to see my whole family, which was great, and we bought a ton of great stuff! But on sunday Oscar got really, really sick and eventually had to have his gall bladder removed. Ugh! He's ok and I shall tell you all about it later, but for now I want to show you all the goodies we got.

This post will be for clothing and accessories. Between the two of us we got a ton of stuff! Some things we got great deals on and some not so much. But overall we did really good. We use these trips to sort of stock up on vintage items, since we dont seem to have very good luck finding stuff here in Denver. Also, Albuquerque is very reasonable with their prices and the sellers are all super nice and willing to make a deal.


Bakelite!! Well, the brown and black bangles aren't but the rest is. The green one is cool because its oval shaped. The prices on the tags arent correct because she gave me a better deal on them. I think I paid around $150 for all four, which is more than I usually want to spend on bakelite, but when you're in the moment your senses get cloudy!


I love the earrings! The yellow bangle is good mate to one I already own.

All the bakelite was from Barrymores Antiques. The non bakelite ones from Buffalo Exchange.


1940s linen dress. $56 from Off Broadway vintage.


1950s blue dress. $16 at Antiques and Things. I will need to buy a white belt for it.


Cute buttons up the back!


50s Purple dress $12 at Antiques and Things.

50s blue and black sun dress $22 at Antiques and Things. The buttons need to be replaced as they are missing their rhinestones. Theres also a small tear in the side seam.

40s rayon Pake Mu $85 Antiques and Things. Its hard to tell in this photo but this dress really hugs my curves! The zipper works but needs to be replaced. Pakes usually go for a pretty penny on Ebay so this one was a steal!

I've never seen this lable before but I thought it was cute!

Now onto Oscars stuff:

His goal was to buy plain gabardine shirts. He found all of these at Revolver (or Sparkys. It had 2 names!).

Of course he couldnt resist buying some Hawaiians. He has a problem! This ones from Revolver. Doesn't it look like one he already owns???




At Antiques and Things there were a bunch of Hawaiians folded up in a case, including the Pake I got. He got these two for around $60 for both. Thats very good for original rayon Hawaiians!

40s pinafore pattern.
50s sundress pattern. Both were $3 each. I have a few other patterns already. Now I just need to learn how to sew!

My next post will be for all the housewares we got.

9 comments:

  1. Amazing bakelite! Lovely dresses too - you did really well on your trip....can't wait to see the homewares you picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun! Cant wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute stuff!

    i'm glad he's is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great haul! Love the bakelite. I also love the sundress pattern a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gals!! And Oscar is doing much better :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...