Friday, June 4, 2010

Soul is Alive and Kickin'

When our friend Tony was here he told us about this woman who plays the Apollo all the time (he lives in Brooklyn). So I've been listening to her on You Tube and she (and her band) is amazing!!!

Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings
Singing Sam Cooke's 'A Change is Gonna Come'



Here she is singing an original song '100 Days, 100 Nights':



I would freak if they ever came here. I love music like this and not many people do it anymore. Thank you Sharon for keepin it going!!

4 comments:

  1. Oooo yea i love sharon jones! the daptone record label has some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVES me some Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings! I have their first 2 albums on vinyl (hardcore) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are coming to Portland in a few weeks, I am going to try to make it out! :) I love me some soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is fantastic! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...