Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Roundup

I had a pretty busy weekend. The weather was half nice, half crappy, but it seemed like we had a ton to do either way. Saturday morning we went on the march againt Arizona bill 1070. I won't get too political here but the turn out around Colorado, and the rest of the country, was enormous!

Oscar and I at the end of the rally.


My protest outfit. What did you think I would wear, a t shirt????

After the rally we went to the Denver Kirkland Museum, which is a collection of 20th century Arts & Crafts. There was a ton of Mid Century Modern, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Bauhaus etc. It was filled with some amazing pieces!! I took a lot of pictures so I think I will just do a separate post later. Afterwards, the museum inspired us to go to an antique store and buy a toaster we had seen previously. My trusty 50s model refused to work that day so I figured it was time to get a 'new' one.


Seriously, how cool is this thing???

It gets REALLY hot too!

Sunday there was a small car show at a bowling alley so we took the Caddy and met some friends there. I do not bowl so we basically sat on the patio, drank beer and ate cheese fries.


I wore my plaid sundress again and Oscar, of course, wore a Hawaiian.


A few of the cars.


And then there was this thing. Whatever it is its not my cup of tea.

After that we took the Caddy back to the garage where we met John and his new puppy Xena, who is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen.


She's only 4 months and already really big. She's so smart though!!

She has two brothers, Zeus and Hercules, that John's family members adopted as well.

I love Pit Bulls. They are very illegal within the city of Denver, which is really sad.

Thats pretty much it for my weekend. Hope everyone had a great one too!


12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend, I love your outfits! And oh my goodness that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update!

    I passed up that toaster 10+ years ago and have thought about it ever since. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can a dog be illegal exactly? What happens if you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if pitbulls are also illegal here (Australia) but I recall there being a push to make them so... it's silly because all dogs of that size and mass have the ability to inflict serious damage, but I think it's actually the people who buy dogs that they think are aggressive and intimidating looking - for the purpose of furthering the image of themselves as some kind of tough guy - and don't give them proper training and socialization who are to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certain pits were grandfathered in, but they have to be registered, fixed, and you pay a yearly fee, which is rather costly. Most were put down or sent to shelters in the burbs that still allow them. Nobody in the city of Denver has a pit anymore. Its sad. They certainly have the ability to harm someone, but so does my little 12 pound dog who will bite anyone that comes close to her that she doesnt know. I wish that instead of making them illegal they would just require them to be trained and fixed and always on a strong leash. But I think every dog should be on a leash at all times, not just the mean looking ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that toaster is so bad ass, is that a spider web or just a similar design to a web. Anywho its stunning, I just adore vintage toasters mines from 1954 and I threw away my modern one because this one toasts so much faster.


    Those faces expecially the pup are priceless, they look so sweet and cuddly. We have a red nose pitbull we brough from CA and shes all fawn with huge ears and shes such a sweet and loving dog that people usually dont ever even realize shes a pit.


    I knew that certain people wanted to outlaw pitbulls in a few areas but I did not know the extent of it untill we moved out here to texas and were faced with it. That is really sad about Denver I had no clue and that is so true what you said about your 12 pound dog are chi who probably weighs the same as your dog bit the gardener so hard he refused to enter our backyard even if the dog was in the house.


    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention I love love love the gingham dress you are wearing in the first photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that arizona bill 1070 is a crock of shit (pardon my french) and i'm glad you showed your strength in opposing it!

    i too adore that toaster!

    wow, were there ever two such completely unrelated comments? :-P

    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the pit bull problem is their jaws, no? Yes, a lot of dogs can inflict injury but certain breeds have jaws which lock and pit bulls are one of those, I believe. But making a dog breed illegal is ridiculous because stupid, stupid humans bread them to be that way. It makes me angry. But it's the jaw thing, I believe, that makes them more of a danger than other breeds.
    Also, that's the best toaster ever.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not been on in a few weeks, so I missed your giveaway and I am bummed! Next time though! I did as you said, and finally posted pics on my viva blog. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome that you were part of the protest!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...