Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Million Dollar Quartet

I really wanna see The Million Dollar Quartet that is currently playing on Broadway. Mostly because my friend Eddie is playing Elvis. He's from Denver and had/has the band Eddie Clendening and the Blue Ribbon Boys. Nice guy, super talented and I'm really happy that he's been so successful! I guess the show just got nominated for 3 Tonys. Thats huge!! Its also just really cool that a show about a bunch of Rockabilly legends has been so successful, and that Eddie, who is the real deal and not just some actor, is in it doing what he does best. If you have the chance please go see this show!! Eddie also has a blog which I urge all of you to follow.

Here they are on Letterman:



See??? Rockabilly is alive and well!!!

10 comments:

  1. congratulations to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Any chance they ever make it to the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I'd love to see it, too! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw them on Letterman the other night and wished I could go see the show! Alas.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- another thing we have in common- My rockabilly band Sidecar Steph & the 7-10 Split did a gig last Halloween with Eddie in Milwaukee. Unfortunately he was the first band so we were getting ready while he played and I couldn't really spend the kind of time I wanted to watching him, but what I did hear was phenomenal!

    PS I got your package and I LOVED IT!!! I actually went really slow unpacking it and was able to save the Coop stickers for my husband (He loves Coop) so we both got presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment.
    You were right, the Kiss gig was amazing :)

    This show looks great. Fingers crossed it will come to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To everyone-the show does look great and I'm really hoping to catch it sometime. Eddie's a great performer and I used to go see his band all the time here. I WAS dating the bassist so I sort of had to, but I would've gone to his shows either way. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea, chicago misses eddie and ana! someone joked after they moved to nyc, "that's half our scene right there!" i heard he was going to be on letterman but missed it. glad i can watch it now on your blog! :-P you dated his bassist? who?! i know derek malone plays bass with them sometimes now, him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosalee-Yeah, when he left Denver I'm afraid he took the scene with him. And the bass player I dated was a guy that lived here. Its actually how I wound up in Denver. He turned out to be a major asshole, but at least I'm living in a cool city now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! way to look on the bright side!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...