Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Middy Plus Haircut



So I've decided that I'm gonna go all the way (hee hee) and get the middy plus haircut. Until now I've just had layers throughout my hair but I think its time to fully commit. I want the middy plus because I look best with longer hair. I don't have the profile for short cuts. I like putting the front part of my hair into rolls as well and this style is great for that!

I have very thick, straight hair that has no wave or curl to it. The best way to style it is to wear foam rollers overnight. Pin curls would make my hair too frizzy and I'd just wind up with a fro. When I'm lazy though I can use Hot Sticks, but only if I use enough product first. The thing that I've noticed though is that when I do this the underneath hangs too low. Its annoying. So I have made an appointment with my stylist who specializes in vintage hair and I can't wait!!

Here are some of my hair inspirations:


 Rita was a bombshell and I just love her hair!


I always thought Marilyn looked best with her longer hair in the 40s.


And of course my favorite, Carole Landis, had the best hair of them all (IMO).

My appointment is for June 3rd so I will make sure to take some 'after' photos.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. I am too scared to cute mine. I know I could do cuter styles but I normally just wear mine stick strait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Middy Femme Fatale a few weeks ago and it's WAY too short for me. I don't want to be a debbie downer but I'd hate for you to go through what I am going through now. Just know that it's a SHORT haircut. I think the length you have in your profile picture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The great thing is that my stylist can do a longer version of the middy on me. Thats why I'm gonna take in pictures of Rita. So she knows exactly what I'm aiming for. Its pretty close to what I have now, just a few more layers throughout. I actually don't think its gonna be much different from my current style, but we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a longer version of the middy plus and I really liked it. What my hairstylist did was cut the general idea of the middy plus keeping as much length as possible, then curled it to see if it was too long. My hair basically touched my shoulders when we were done.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a style similar to Rita's...It's very flexible as I can set it tighter or loose. can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great, I'm really excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. arrgh,got the middy plus and hated it!!I can do less styles rather than more and it wont behave at all and that was after I told them to leave it way longer than the picture.Now I have to grow it all out again and I cant even wear a ponytail while I do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more research I do the more I think I need the femme fatale instead. I like the length of my hair, i just want more layers. My stylist is gonna work on that with me so that its not too short.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...