Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summer Wishlist

It rained all last night and this morning but in true Denver style the sun is out now. This has got me thinking about all the summer goodies that are on my wish list. Spring and summer are my favorite time of year and my wardrobe showcases that. I have already switched over my closet, putting all my horrid sweaters into storage, which means I now have room to shop!! I don't, actually, but that never stopped me. There are a few key items that I'm hoping to add to my collection soon. Here are just a few of them:

Black Remix wedges $162.00. I am in desperate need of these! The black ones I do have are just not doing it for me anymore. And my dance ones are falling apart. Its time to upgrade.


Black high waisted shorts. I have every color under the sun but the black ones I have are a 22 inch waist and I can only wear them when I'm super, super skinny. Which I'm not anymore. Plus, I want a pair that I can wear comfortably. I love these from Tara Starlet, but after the conversion they are $85!! Thats a bit much to spend on shorts.

More playsuits!! I dont think I've stated enough how much I love playsuits. I absolutely adore them and this Rose Marie Reid playsuit is perfect! The color and print are so cute and I have a pair of espadrilles that would match it perfectly.


40s house/day dresses. I love how casual they can be for a day out shopping. You can throw your hair in braids and put on one of these and you're ready to go. Its easy without looking lazy.



50s sundresses. Just like the 40s dresses these are great for casual wear, but you can also dress them up for evening. I have a particular fondness of the halter styles. For as many as I currently own I always want to own more. I'm watching a few now on Ebay that are possibilities, it just depends on my wallet.

I guess these are more along the lines of playsuits, but my focus here are the cute cotton skirts. I already have a ton of them so maybe I dont need more, but I certainly wouldnt mind more. They do come in handy during the hot summer months. And may I just say that I would KILL for the set on the left!


Stuff to make Mojitos. The Mojito is MY drink! They make an excellent one at The Cruise Room and I drink it year round but I want to be able to make it at home the proper way. Yum!!!

The thing I want most though is a new apartment. Oscar and I are currently looking for one because we have simply outgrown our little 1 bedroom. I seriously need a second bedroom I can use as a closet. Plus, the place where he stores the Caddy is going to be sold so we need an apartment with a garage. My hope is that we can find a cute vintage place, maybe even a duplex with a yard. We shall see though.  

4 comments:

  1. I love those shoes! Aren't those the ones on sale right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your vintage finds. I am not as interested in the 50's dresses, because, I was a teenager in the late 50's & have already worn all those. The 40's housedresses & shoes are a real thrill for me because my Mother always wore the dresses & I remember them fondly. I love your blog--keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those Remix wedges in white. They were my first Remix shoes I bought about 4 years ago. I love them and they have held up great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...