Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Wow! I'm almost at 100 followers! What a nice surprise! Thanks to everyone for reading my blog :-)

This post is going to be a summary of my weekend. I no longer have internet at home so I can really only post at work.

Saturday was a gorgeous day here. The sun was out and it was warm. Finally! So I wore my yellow striped sundress and we took the Caddy out and took full advantage of the nice weather. We went to a Rock & Roll Flea Market at a bar and had some beers and chair massages (much needed!). The pooch got groomed, which she was not happy about. And we went to a fabulous Italian dinner. It was a great day.

The man and his car.

He only lets me pull it into the garage.


This is an older pic of the Caddy. Its a 51.

The next day was not so nice. It was raining and snowing and was really cold. I was really hoping that the sunshine would stick around but no luck. Spring is just not here yet.

We ate at our favorite Mexican place, took some clothes to the seamstress, and got ice cream. It doesnt matter how cold it is, I will always eat ice cream.

That afternoon there was a benefit show for Nick Curran who has cancer. The turn out was great and we got to see some awesome bands. My favorite band was the Informants, who are an R&B band with a horn section and piano. They're really amazing.

The Informants

Cheers!

All in all it was a great weekend. I should've taken more outfit pics so I will try and remember to be more consistent with that.

This week will be a lot of prep for Vegas, as it is only 16 days away. The event is already sold out which I am not surprised about. I think a lot of people are really excited to see Chuck Berry. I know a lot of people are going that haven't gone in a while and I think its just going to be a really good time. I can't wait!

I don't have too much left to do. Some sewing, outfit planning, hair dying. After so many trips to Viva I think I have the packing down, but its always a bit stressful. There are some things that I refuse to check (bakelite, lucite purses, all my vintage dresses) so these go on the plane with me. I have one suitcase for the bulk of my vintage clothing, a train case for my jewelry, and I carry my lucite purses in my carry on wrapped in bubble wrap. It all works out ok but I'm always stressed that my checked bag will exceed 50 lbs. I'm usually right under but there was one year I went over. The hard part is on the return trip, as I always shop a lot at Viva and have to find creative ways of packing them all for the flight home. Its gonna be even harder this year as Oscar will not be returning with me. He's gonna go to LA for a while. I'm really worried about trying to drag my super heavy suitcase up 2 flights of stairs to my apartment. Talk about stress!!!!!  

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is paranoid about checking special items. All my friends make fun of me for it, but I say better safe than sorry!

    http://betty2tone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vehicle and yellow sundress both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in australia we are envious of what you guys can take to a weekenender- we are wondering how we are going to keep our luggage to go to high rockabilly to 40 pounds- 40 freaking pounds!!! And when we come to the states you can hardly have any hand luggage because of terrorism regulations. I am all for safety dont get me wrong but man give a girl a fashion break! Looking forward to your viva preparations!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...