Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Not a Pin Up

I thought I would take a break from the architectural posts and share with you guys some of my modeling. I really only dabbled in it for a brief moment so I by no means consider myself a model. I just did it for fun.


All Photos by Mel Haynes. All styling done by yours truly.








Again, I am NOT a model. I did it for fun but the modeling world just isnt for me. I have a huge amount of respect for the people that do it but I just don't have the motivation for it. I am not the girl at the car shows in the pin up contest or posing by the cars. I'm the girl on the dance floor who does her best to look her best while dancing up a storm.

I will admit that I like to look like a pin up though. Going through my clothes is like going through that Sunkissed book. Tons of playsuits and sun dresses, halter tops and Hawaiian. I actually don't even own a pair of vintage jeans because I don't like to dance in them. My number 1 goal has always been to dance. I would pass up dresses because they werent danceable. Sleeves were a 'no no' because they are restricting. And even though I own tons of Springolators and 40s platform shoes you will never see me dancing in them. At VLV 11 I wore a pair of wooden mules to shop in on the first day and I got horrible blisters on the balls of my feet. So bad that I could barely walk. It wasnt gonna stop me from dancing though. I just danced until they went numb and kept on dancing til 7am every night. Those blisters didn't go away for a month after Viva.

So I guess what I'm saying is that this is a better representation of me:


Me dancing at the Rockabilly Rave with my friend Bobby. And yes, thats a stuffed penguin in his shirt. His name is Pengweezy.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I'd love to model as a pin up for fun but never as a job. Dressing up and looking cute and having your picture taken is fun, being a part of the modeling industry is not! You do look great as a pin up though!
    http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I totally respect the girls that do it but I just get too shy. Especially in public places. But I do love taking candid shots. Those are fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...