Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bye Bye Facebook

I deleted my Facebook account. I just hated it!! I've had a Myspace page for a long time but for whatever reason I always hated Facebook. Theres just something really annoying about it. Its not fun. There's no fun banter back and forth. Just people bitching. There is no privacy. You do or say something and everyone knows and then yells at you for it. I'm tired of all the political views posted in people's 'status'. I admit that I posted some political blogs on Myspace in the past but I've gotten to a point where I'm not in the mood to argue with people anymore. I respect everyones views but I'm tired of all these over the top 'I am right. You are wrong' statements. Can we grow up already??

At this point in my life I want to move past the negativity. The world really isnt that bad!! It can be sooo much worse! I think about the depression and WW2 and theres just no comparison. But people act like the President (past and present) is Hitler or the antichrist and I'm just sick of it. I dont want to be an angy person and blame others for why my life sucks. I used to be that way and it just makes things worse. I want to enjoy my life and everything I have and not worry about what I think I should have.

Sorry for the rant. I guess what I'm trying to say is that negativity breeds negativity. And everytime I check my Facebook I leave annoyed and angry. So to avoid all of that my solution was to delete my account. I already feel a ton better!

On a happier note...only 8 days til Viva!!!!


 At Viva my only stress is how many beers I can carry at one time.

12 comments:

  1. Makes me angry to hear our troubles compared to the Depression or WWII! It just diminishes the real suffering and sacrifices my Grandparent's generation made to give us the amazing comfort that we live in today.
    Good for you for choosing to filter out the negativity, a person can only deal with so much.
    Love the photo of Viva! Now that's a much better problem to have. :)
    Just love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! never have liked facebook, your appriciated here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!! It's springtime now, a time of rebirth, regrowth, and sunshine. It should be celebrated with happiness! I don't watch the news or read yahoo headlines or any of that because I like to avoid the nastiness. Thank goodness for blogs...they are my "happy place"

    http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys!! I love all the positivity here! I really wish people would take a moment to look at all the great things that we have. It really does diminish the struggles that our grandparents and their grandparents went through for us. Its not perfect, nor will it ever be, but its pretty darned good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - how can you always take things right out of my brain? :)

    I really enjoy facebook but I am really sick of negativity too. I am fine with a difference of opinion or a negative comment here and there because that is how life is, but some people just have nothing better to say than how shitty their life is....everyday! I have learned that it is best just to delete them. I am rarely depressed or angry and I'd like to keep it that way!

    I would never do that to a dear friend, by the way. I will always try to help out a dear friend - that is totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. facebook sucks and can I second wishing I could go to viva!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep I'm not a fan of facebook either, I enjoy reading blogs and have met some great people on twitter too!

    I sooooo wish I was off to VLV :o(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures of Viva for you guys!! Theres always next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just caught major attitude yesterday when I was applying to be a vendor at a vintage sale and I said that I don't use facebook. Its too much of a time suck, I'd rather have those precious hours for hunting down beautiful things!

    Have fun at VLV! Take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, this is Melanie B. I went to school at Shepherd with you and your sisters. I found your facebook profile before you deleted it. That's how I found your blog, which I have to say I am enjoying. Facebook is ok...I only use it to keep contact with my family, none of them believe in using the telephone or writing letters anymore. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and let you know I like your blog. I see your mom once in a while too, we live pretty close together.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...