Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend Round-up

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a fabulous Valentines Day! This is just a post about my weekend which was quite busy.
Friday night we went to a show. We saw the Booze Bombs who are from Germany. The show was a lot of fun!! This is what I wore:
I was trying to get a close up of my hair but it didn't work. I just did two rolls on either side and left the back down.

Purse:Gold lucite from Ebay
Shoes: Ecco
Bakelite Bangles and screw back flower earrings.


Huge Stella at the diner we ate dinner at. It was as big as my head!!

Dorky boys Mark and John. All in all the show was fun and there was a good turn out. The Booze Bombs were really nice and we got to do some jiving.

Sunday we had plans to go up to Boulder and spend the night. We went to dinner and a show as celebration for Valentines day. Dinner was yummy and we ate too much!
I tried to dress warm as it was quite chilly so I wore my green Charlotte Russe sweater. Not pictured here but I'm wearing a 40s floral rayon skirt with tights and mary janes.

After dinner we went to see Devotchka http://devotchka.net/, who are based in Denver. They're a really cool band thats sort of Gypsy/Russian/Slavic/etc. They play like a million different instruments and have ribbon dancers that tour with them. They've toured with Dita and other burlesque acts as well as doing movie soundtracks. They're really unique and you should check them out if you can.


After the show we went and had drinks at the Boulderado, which is Boulders oldest hotel. We took a bunch of pictures under their glass ceiling.



The next day we did some shopping and site seeing. It was much warmer but I still bundled up. I was quite casual though and didn't bother to take a picture.

Here's a picture of the Boulder theater which is really beautiful!



Lastly, here are some pics of what we bought.

50s Southwestern skirt.
Another jumper. lol! This one is rayon and looks to be homemade.
And this is what Oscar bought. An original 40s rayon hawaiian shirt. Its long sleeved which is pretty rare. He has a million Hawaiian shirts so whats one more right???



All in all it was a great weekend. I actually don't like Boulder very much because I think the people there are quite snobby and rude, but it does have some good things. There are a couple good vintage stores and some great food. I was very happy though to return to Denver. I spent the rest of the evening watching figure skating as I'm quite obsessed. Tonight is the mens competition. Can't wait!!!
Dress: Forever 21

7 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! what great pleaces you visted over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits!! I love that 3rd picture..hehehehe I wouldn't be able to walk after that...I'm such a lite weight!

    ~MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you get to watch the olympics! Its killing me. To save money we have no cable, only basic TV, and no DVR. I am never home so I literally never watch TV and it sucks! I need TV during the olympics! It really should be a basic american right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooo i love that stained glass ceiling! i go ga-ga over sweet architectural details like that. the art deco facade of the movie theatre is lovely too, and so well kept up!

    looks like a fun weekend all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!! I'm an Olympics fanatic!! Especially figure skating and gymnastics. I go nuts over them. And me and my bf are crazy for architecture as well. I wanna do some posts about great places in Denver because theres a ton of Art Deco and Mid Mod. I'm just waiting for the yucky snow to melt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...