Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vintage Obsessions

When it comes to vintage there are definitely certain things that make me weak in the knees. No matter how many of them I get I still get excited when I find more. I decided that I would list some of them here. These are just pictures I found online. Tonight I will take pictures of actual items I own and post them tomorrow.

Bathing suits. I dream about lounging by the pool and drinking Mojitos and there is no better way to do it then while wearing a vintage bathing suit. They are just so flattering! I especially love the two piece variety but they are pretty hard to find.




Springolators. Talk about some sexy shoes! These look great with wiggle dresses. They are horrible for dancing though (IMO). For that I wear wedges.



Lucite purses. Though they can get a bit heavy after a while they sure are cute! I'll take this over a Louis Vuitton handbag any day!

Bakelite. This is a newer obsession of mine as I have tiny wrists and was always worried about them flying off when I danced. I still mostly wear them when I'm not planning on dancing very much.



Shorts. I hate modern shorts because its like you are wearing panties (they are so small!). But vintage shorts are extremely flattering and look super cute with a halter or tie top.



Halter tops. I think I've told you before about my obsession with these. I think I just always have an image in my head from the movie 'Shag' when Carson, wearing a white halter and red capris, says "Luanne, why don't we just go up there and say "This was our last weekend together, and we didn't feel like going to Fort Sumter and touring goddamn colonial homes. We wanted to go to the beach and meet boys and go to wild parties and dance." I mean, isn't that what we all want???



Playsuits, especially 40s ones. I love outfits with multiple matching pieces. Whether they have a skirt, shorts or pants, or a halter or tie top, or a variety, I just love them! The great thing is that with all my halter tops and shorts I can mix and match pieces to make my own playsuits.



Circle dresses. The definitive 50s dress. I actually have this red dress which I got for a steal from Buffalo Exchange when I worked there. The black part of mine is different though, as it has only one strap. I love this dress. My friend Tara used to pick me up to go dancing and when we both wore circle skirts she couldnt find the shifter through the crinoline. Cars are much smaller today...



Sarong/Hawaiian dresses. Theres just something about them! I am definitely a summer girl (obviously) and there is nothing more iconic for me than the Hawaiian dress. Oscar always gives me crap when I buy another Hawaiian dress, but he has about 50 Hawaiian shirts so he has no room to complain!!



So...what about you guys??? What gets your pulse racing when you shop? What vintage treasures can you just not get enough of?

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love vintage playsuits too!! My major obsession is vintage shoes of any variety. I own too many, but that doesn't stop me from buying yet another pair. At least I know I will most likely have the right pair of shoes to go with every outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats how I feel! There isnt much anymore that I really need because I probably already have it. But now its gotten to the point where I ONLY have summer clothes. Which isnt good being that I live in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...