Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's Been One of Those Weeks!!

This has been a crazy week!! Work is driving me absolutely batty! On top of that I've been a bit under the weather. I'm feeling better today though.

This morning was a gloomy sort of day and downtown looked like it was covered in fog. But it was actually just snow. Luckily, that didn't last long and now its sunny out. I thought I would share some pictures that I took during my walk to work.

This is half a block from where I work and its really quite pretty. What I couldn't capture in this picture is the city in the background. The area is called the Highlands and its really quaint. All you can see here though are some shadows.

This is the block where I work. I work downtown and there are really old buildings everywhere, including the one I work in. Tons of art deco, which I will post about in the future.

We've had a pretty mild winter so far. No blizzards yet. Oscar told me not jinx myself though. A couple years ago we had 6 in a row. It was horrible!!

On a vintage note, I had a 40s jumper custom made for me by a seller on Etsy and I got it in the mail today!! I was so excited to see it in person! This is the picture she sent me:

It looks much more blue in the photo. Its actually a lime-ish green color, like in this one:
I absolutely love it!! The material is a linen/rayon blend and its perfect! The buttons are so cute too! I swear I will take pictures of me wearing it as soon as possible.

Here's the link for the girl who made it for me http://www.etsy.com/shop/nudeedudee. She has tons of vintage fabric and buttons and makes the cutest stuff! She's also really great to work with. I really wanna get one of her custom made feedsack blouses too.

I also won a black jumper on Ebay. I haven't received it yet though. Its not vintage but I think with some work it can look the part rather easily. I'll let everyone know once I get it.

Last night I was doing a bit of packing for our weekend getaway to Kansas City and I decided to try on 'The Bikini' to see how my diet is coming along. This isn't just any bikini. Its a deadstock 40s lime green bikini that my BF bought me in San Francisco. Its amazing! However, when I first tried it on I was a bit over my 'happy weight' and wasn't too excited with my reflection in the mirror. I have to say though, that last night I was not completely mortified. I was happily surprised to see that I looked pretty good! Not perfect, mind you, but good. By the time Vegas gets here I will be 100% ready to wear it at the Tiki Pool Party :-)

1 comment:

  1. All nudeedudee custom made are so great. I'm in love with their exotic blouse and overalls.

    I want to see the pics soon ! Clap clap clap

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your wonderful comments and opinions!! Feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them as fast as I can! Any negative comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...